Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1921 census

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    When buying the image you need the film strip at the bottom open, then choose the extra materials link which takes you to the front cover and instructions in the same purchase, which is where you find the address.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    Thank you
    Apologies, Wimsey, I hadn't seen that Pam had provided the information on another thread.
    Alma

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mikejee View Post
    Sue
    What is the address? Perhaps I can elaborate what the building was
    Sorry for the delay Mike. The address on the electoral roll for my Grandfather was 160 Osborn Road, Sparkhill. His name was Richard Arthur Salisbury. As far as I know Osborn Road only consists of terraced houses and it looks (from the roll) that there were a lot of military personnel billeted in Osborn Road. He came from Tunstall near Stoke on Trent

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Wow...that's going to get very expensive. What a rort!

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    Sorry for the delay Mike. The address on the electoral roll for my Grandfather was 160 Osborn Road, Sparkhill. His name was Richard Arthur Salisbury. As far as I know Osborn Road only consists of terraced houses and it looks (from the roll) that there were a lot of military personnel billeted in Osborn Road. He came from Tunstall near Stoke on Trent
    Sue.
    He is also on the absent voters list in 1918. On both occasions he is with another army guy, Charles Edwin Palmer , whom remains registered at that address till 1939, so possibly your grandad met him in the army and temporarily stayed with him. There is also a Charles Edwin Palmer listed as living at 834 Coventry road (apparently also a private house ) till 1939 , though from 1925 he is listed as Charles Edwin Thornhill Palmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12