Default world war 1 records

hello

im having trouble finding my grandads records from WW1.

all i can find is the following:

George L Halsey Military Date1914-1920Military PlaceEngland, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, United Kingdom Regiment or CorpsRoyal Warwickshire Regiment, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, Tr BnRegimental Number19400, 32981, Tr/4/64726

i have his medals.
    i have signed up to forces war records and am a member of ancestry but can only find the above.

any help on where to find any other information would be greatly appreciated.
    for my other grandad i have info on his enlistment and pension plus where he fought.
    thank you so much
    linda

Famous for offering help & advice

More than 60% of WW1 service records were destroyed during the blitz in WW2, so it isn't unusual not to find much.

He received the Victory & British War medals, but not the 1914/15 star, meaning he didn't serve in a theatre of war before 1916.

A word of caution though, there appears to be a second man named George Louis Halsey - born 20 Feb 1897 Northamptonshire & died 1964. His birth registration has been misrecorded as Halser, but in all other records he is Halsey, and his siblings are registered as Halsey.

HALSER, GEORGE LEWIS mmn TODD GRO Reference: 1897 J Quarter in NORTHAMPTON Volume 03B Page 36

EDIT: Re-reading your post I see you have his medals, so you can probably ignore my 'word of caution'

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum!
    You quote a couple of numbers for him. This is normal as in WW1 men changed regiments at need, but it would be useful to know which one is engraved around the edge of his medals. Can we assume that he survived the war?

thank you for you help.
    his name was constantly mis-spelt!

thank you for your help.
    yes he survived but he only had one kidney and we don't know whether he was injured or not.
    would he have been able to sign up with one kidney?
    linda