Default Valentine Field, born 1779, Wighton

Good Morning,

I hope everybody is keeping safe and well.
    Last year i posted about a search for info on a John Valentine Fields and you all came up trumps which helped me out greatly and led me onto lots more research.
    I am now wondering if anybody has any ideas for me to try and find some information on John's grandfather called Valentine Field born in 1779? I am looking for birth records, parents etc, any info really.
    I do not have any evidence of a birth record, only a couple of death records that state his birth was in 1779. He married a Sarah Hancock in 1797 in Wighton, Norfolk and went on to have six children, all born in Wighton, one daughter called Sarah is John Valentine's mother who you guys helped me with last year.
    If anybody could point me in the right direction, or has any ideas then that would be great.

Many thanks

Shaun

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelsy View Post
    Good Morning,

I hope everybody is keeping safe and well.
    Last year i posted about a search for info on a John Valentine Fields and you all came up trumps which helped me out greatly and led me onto lots more research.
    I am now wondering if anybody has any ideas for me to try and find some information on John's grandfather called Valentine Field born in 1779? I am looking for birth records, parents etc, any info really.
    I do not have any evidence of a birth record, only a couple of death records that state his birth was in 1779. He married a Sarah Hancock in 1797 in Wighton, Norfolk and went on to have six children, all born in Wighton, one daughter called Sarah is John Valentine's mother who you guys helped me with last year.
    If anybody could point me in the right direction, or has any ideas then that would be great.

Many thanks

Shaun
    Valentine Field, born 1779 died 1837, buried in Wells Next The Sea, Norfolk 23 June 1837. The burial register states he was 58 and a married man

Super Moderator

Family Search seem to have a lot of info on Valentine's children - births, christenings. marriage etc. I cannot find anything to give info. on Valentine's parents though. Is your John Valentine John Stephen Valentine Field?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I was supposed to have posted this an hour ago:

The link to Shaun's original post about the Field family
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...lds?highlight=
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

A bit early and probably a different person,but the only Valentine I've spotted so far. was a Valentine Swinger Bp 1760 to single mother Elizabeth Swinger in Wighton. Another child Ann Bp 1770. Elizabeth married Francis Gay in Wighton in 1773.
    I can't see anyone with the surname Field in Wighton before Valentine marries there.

Hi guys, thanks for all your help. Seems there is not much information about regarding Valentine Fields early years. Not to worry, it was worth a try!

Shaun