Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Who witnessed the marriage?
    Members of her husband's family, so no "Calvey" clue there unfortunately.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    If it is your Elizabeth in the school in 1851, and I'm inclined to think it is (a good find by Jomot), you may be interested in these links which have some information about the school.

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bloomsbury-pro...nts_school.htm

https://www.google.co.uk/books/editi...sec=frontcover
    I agree, that it is an excellent find by Jomot, for which I am very grateful. Many thanks for the links on the school.

I have also now located a Mary Calvey (widow) and a daughter, also Mary, living in the Paddington area on the 1861 census for feel I have something to give me the breakthrough that I have been searching for.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    The only link I can see to the surname Calvy and Paddington as a location is the death in 1844 of Margaret Calvy. Her burial on 18 July 1844 says she was 8 & 3/4 and gives an address of Torrington Mews, Paddington.

A possibility for Elizabeth in the 1851 census at New Ormond Street, St Andrew Holborn lists an E(?) Calvey aged 16 born Maidstone, Scholar in the School - HO107/1513/313/35
    This is much appreciated and gives me the potential breakthrough I have been looking for. Thank you very much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12