Arrow Researching my mother's relations

Hey all, hope everyone is doing okay.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this on the forums, but would like to ask for all of your wonderful help again! My mum would like to know if she has any relations still alive on her side of my family, but we have very little info.

Mum's name is Rosemary Ticehurst

My mum's mother's name was winnifred (win) (winnie) Simmons (sometimes spelt Simmonds), and she knows that she did have a sister somewhere. She was born in Crowborough near Royal Tunbridge Wells. (17.12.45)

At the time Winnie had my mum 'born out of wedlock' and we currently have no idea as to where her sister is, or even if she is still alive!

Thanks so so much again!

Laura and Rose

Please remember that if anyone wants to share info about (potentially) living people, it must be done on the PM system and not on the open forum.

Thank you!

Brick wall demolition expert!

The first thing that you need to do, if you intend searching birth indices is to work out what is the registration district for that area. I'm not certain but I think it might have been Tonbridge or Uckfield:

https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/ssx.html

The second link below is for the Crowborough Registry Office:
    https://www.registryofficesnearme.co...egistry-office

As you have a birth date for this unknown sister you could contact Crowborough Registry Office and ask if they would be willing to do a search for you.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Laura, you're sending out a slightly confusing message.

Do you mean your mum (who is the person born in 1945) is looking for her unknown sister?
    Or do you mean you're looking for a sister of Winifred/Winnie?
    If the latter, do you know when and where Winifred was born and if she married? I'm assuming Winifred is now deceased.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”