Starting to feel at home.

Default SHERRIFF surname (all spellings)

I am researching the SHERRIFF surname, including the various different spellings of the surname, in East Lothian. I am particularly interested in the area surrounding the villages of Oldhamstocks and West Barns, and the Burgh of Dunbar.
    As I suspect that most of the SHERRIFF family groups are related in some way, I am trying to link them together. I would be interested to know of any previous research on this subject.

Settling in.

Hi David, Have just joined the forum and was looking through E.Lothian Info, My area of interest, and noticed your message.

I am a volunteer with FreeReg, my area is Innerwick, I have Sheriffs in OPR Baptisms, I have listed those I have so far found, will send more info if I find any

John Sheriff + Agnes Sanson Son George Bap 10 May 1785 Abode Crawhill Occ Hind
    John Shireff + Elspeth Murray Dau Elspeth Bap 17 Apr 1792 Abode Crawhill Occ Labourer
    Peter Sheriff + Margaret Torie Sons, Peter Bap 25 Jul 1787 Abode Threeplandhill Occ Hynd Son Thomas Bap 28 Apr 1791 Abode and Occ as above
    All in Innerwick Parish

Loves to help with queries.

Did you see the posting from Spacot he/she are seeking Sanson's also in East Lothian & as there is a John Sherriff & an Agnes Sanson wondered if there was a connection?

Settling in.

Default Sherriff

Hi David a few more Sherriffs all In Innerwick OPR Baptisms
    23 Sep 1770 Alexander Watt + Margaret Sherriff in Thurston Mains -James
    31 May 1770 William Sherriff Witness Dods/Orkney in Woodlee
    20 Oct 1770 Patrick Sherriff Witness to Sked/Gray in Thurston
    27 Apr 1771 Benjamin Sherriff + Alison Fish? a daughter Witness John and William Sherriff
    5 May 1771 Benjamin Sherriff witness to Blackhall/Foord in Crowhill
    20 Nov 1771 William Sherriff witness to Robertson/Ker in Westhall

Quote Originally Posted by David Sherriff View Post
    I am researching the SHERRIFF surname, including the various different spellings of the surname, in East Lothian. I am particularly interested in the area surrounding the villages of Oldhamstocks and West Barns, and the Burgh of Dunbar.
    As I suspect that most of the SHERRIFF family groups are related in some way, I am trying to link them together. I would be interested to know of any previous research on this subject.
    David
    I am also searching the same name. Have sent you PM.
    Hanna