Default SYNAGOGUE AND CEMETERY SCRIBES WEBSITES

My thanks to Lesley and other moderators for allowing me to post a 'sticky' on the new thread Synagogue and Cemetery Scribes websites.
    I have been asked on this forum about the various sources of data on Anglo Jewish individuals and families. As a user and contributor to Synagogue and Cemetery Scribes data bases for many years I wanted to draw the attention of both new and current researchers to the range of data that exits on the two sites.
    These sites have been developed by Gaby Laws and Angela Shire and are of national and international importance for those who have Anglo Jewish ancestry.
    The websites data is regularly added to and researchers who have new information are welcomed to contact the sites.

Data from the sites can be cross checked and there are very useful facilities including key word and name searches among others.
    The sites in summary contain thousands of records including: Synagogue birth, marriages, deaths ( see the specific Synagogues which have this data). Other data includes masonic, circumcision and other records ( see the specific sites for the data they hold).
    There are articles on individuals and other important aspects of Anglo Jewish history.
    Cemetery records including their history are for the UK with numbers of non UK cemeteries.
    The sites have What's New and Blog which contain past and current information.

New photographs of tombstones and will extracts are posted on the sites. Currently, there are over 2000 will extracts including those from the UK, USA, Australia. These extracts also include some early wills and those written in Amsterdam and Italy which were transcribed and added to UK Probate records if the individual held property or assets in the UK.

The two sites enable researchers to identify very large numbers of individuals, their families, some named friends and other relatives particularly in the will extracts. Mini family trees are also available on Cemetery Scribes linked to burials and tombstones.

These are developing sites and play a key role in supporting researchers with Anglo Jewish lines nationally and internationally.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Phillip, I moved the thread, it'll get more attention here.

Loves to help with queries

Dear Lesley

Hope you are well and in good health, where can I find this new thread?
    Best regards, Paul Beek

You have just replied on it. That’s a lowercase “here”, not a blue uppercase “follow this url” HERE.

(Note added later)
    The comment above refers to where I said in #2 that the message would have more here attention here - that is, in this current thread. When I use HERE to designate a link to be clicked, it’s blue and uppercase.

Sorry Lesley, do not understand but that is OK.
    Best regards, Paul

Hi Philip

Can you find a way for me to find out if the family I am looking for lived on 7 Leslie Street (1871 census)where they might have been buried and/or gone to sjul?
    Thanks, best regards, Paul

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Hi Philip

Can you find a way for me to find out if the family I am looking for lived on 7 Leslie Street (1871 census)where they might have been buried and/or gone to sjul?
    Thanks, best regards, Paul
    Philip, to save you having to ask . this is a reference to Moses and Elizabeth Swart.
    Part of the https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...K-UK-19C/page3 thread.
    In particular posts #104-112.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”