Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Arthur Simon Price

My Great Uncle Arty,

What we knew of his WW1 service in the family was that he had been called up and went to France. While he was there, he was jilted and never married, so we never spoke to him about it.
    I have a photograph of him in uniform, but am unable to find any trace of him military wise.
    He was:-
    Arthur Simon Price
    Born 02.09.1900 in Lewisham Fire Station

Looking at his age, he was probably part of the Army of Occupation, unless he lied and joined earlier.
    I don't know how I might add a photograph of him. It has been suggested the cap badge is The Rifle Brigade, but I'm not sure.
    I'd be grateful for suggestions as to where I might look further.
    I actually live in France, but do get back to the UK from time to time.

Regards,

Paul

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bradders2175 View Post
    My Great Uncle Arty,

What we knew of his WW1 service in the family was that he had been called up and went to France. While he was there, he was jilted and never married, so we never spoke to him about it.
    I have a photograph of him in uniform, but am unable to find any trace of him military wise.
    He was:-
    Arthur Simon Price
    Born 02.09.1900 in Lewisham Fire Station

Looking at his age, he was probably part of the Army of Occupation, unless he lied and joined earlier.
    I don't know how I might add a photograph of him. It has been suggested the cap badge is The Rifle Brigade, but I'm not sure.
    I'd be grateful for suggestions as to where I might look further.
    I actually live in France, but do get back to the UK from time to time.

Regards,

Paul
    There is a tree on Ancestry that shows he married in 1933 and died in 1987. He appears on the 1911 census with his father Arthur John and mother Alice

Famous for offering help & advice

The address on 1911 census is the same address on 1939 register where he’s with his mother Alice and a couple of siblings.
    He states he’s single.
    Engineers fitter.

Brick wall demolition expert!

If he was with the army of occupation it's possible that he was in service after 1921 in which case his records will not have been released yet.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    There is a tree on Ancestry that shows he married in 1933 and died in 1987. He appears on the 1911 census with his father Arthur John and mother Alice
    Thank you for your reply. However, that is an error. Arty never married he was still living with his mother, now a widow, a brother and one of his sisters. I have been in contact with a couple of people running that information in their trees. It's an easy mistake to make. people]

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you I have that information. I should have said I'm on Ancestry too! He was a very good engineer.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you Megan,
    He would have been called up on his 18th birthday in September 1918, if he didn't join earlier. His brother in law, my Grandfather was called up in June of that year, around the time of his birthday and was in France by the following February.
    Unfortunately, although they were both called up before the end of the War, there was no medal entitlement, so there is no medal card.