Thread: Hello

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello

Hi Everyone,

I've been researching our family history for a while. A difficulty is that my Mum was adopted. I do have details of her birth mother, whom we met, but she declined to see my Mum or us again. My Mum's birth and that of her twin were a surprise to the rest of her family after she had died.
    So, which route do I follow? Birth Grandmother or adoptive Grandparents? The adoptive Grandparents and family are those that I knew well, so will be a preferred route and I will find out as much as I can in the meantime the other route. We have used DNA which has opened things up a little, but I think there will still be lots more to do.
    Interesting things that have arisen are my Grandfathers (adopted) service in WW1. We were aware that he had been in the Army, but my Mum thought he had been invalided out due to deafness. A helpful person on another forum suddenly came up with his 'Burnt Records' and yet he is not traceable when you input his details.
    His brother in law is another anomaly. I have a family photograph of him in uniform and yet again, no trace of him so far in any records.
    Plenty to do. Just the time I need!

Regards,

Paul

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Paul

There's a message about how to upload photos HERE.

Please make sure that there's a clear view of any cap and collar badges. They carry the most information.

If the file is very big, the system will reject it.

BTW, I've realised that this is an answer to your other post in Brickwalls when you asked about posting photos!