Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thank you very much for your help. So kind of you. I’m sure it will mean a lot to my father if I am successful in identifying this person.

This is a link to a picture of the back of the photo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FE7ACxjw3rX6T4oh6

Knowledgeable and helpful

When the reverse of the photo is enlarged, one can discern some handwriting (in pencil?), which may be a name and address.

Perhaps ‘Weston’ next to Jim
    ?? Road on the next line
    Perhaps ‘Dorset’ behind ‘1933’

Sylvia, a careful look at the original might reveal more.

I think he is a junior officer, as denoted by the Sam Browne belt and cuff braids, but I can’t make out the cap and lapel badges.

Peter

After feeding the back image to Photoshop, I think that number is NI/2507..03 or 13. I agree that it's Weston after Jim, but after converting to b/w I think there's something before Jim. It looks like an elaborate L or R then og, which makes no sense, but maybe it's a rank that will make a better appearance with more time.
    Above the 19 could be Blooms???

Sometimes you can get a decent result by scanning or copying with brown cellophane or the like over the text.

If he was serving in 1933, he will not be on the WW1 lists and his records will not be available.

Famous for offering help & advice

For what its worth, I'm reading the address as [?]gate? Road, Nr Brompton Square

Thank you all so much for all this help! I am so excited! I really think I will be able to solve this now. ��

I found a photo of a similar uniform and it said it was an RASC uniform from 1915. I have attached the photo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7JW9qp2eYRJvWEhJ6

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

I found a photo of a similar uniform and it said it was an RASC uniform from 1915. I have attached the photo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7JW9qp2eYRJvWEhJ6
    The cap badges don't appear to be the same,(to me) I wonder what others think?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Sylvia, can you improve the scan of his cap and collar badges? We don’t need the whole uniform this time, just his head and neck -if, indeed there are more details in the photo.

A fountain of knowledge

That collar badge looks very odd. The Cap badge probably ASC (No R until 27-11-18), Lieutenant standard tunic 1902-20.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast