Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default We are open for queries

Can't believe no-one's got any questions about their family history at the moment.

Are you all having a break and concentrating on Christmas, until 6 January when the 1921 census will be released?
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Familysearch

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Can't believe no-one's got any questions about their family history at the moment.

Are you all having a break and concentrating on Christmas, until 6 January when the 1921 census will be released?
    Does anyone know what has happened to Familysearch? The old search page has gone and the new one is hopeless. Please tell me it's not just me that finds it really frustrating.

Famous for offering help & advice

I agree Familysearch is really frustrating. Not all changes are for the better.

Eerily quiet on here this weekend!🎃🎃🎃

It doesn’t matter whether it’s a chocolate bar or a web site, the words “new, improved” are enough to strike fear into my heart!

I thoroughly agree. both usually mean mire expensive/smaller/lower quality. or perhaps all of these. I was also intrigued by the signs sayong "Managers Choice" in Sainsburys, as could not see any reason, and asked an employee what they meant. Very honest employee told me nothing, no difference or advantage

Famous for offering help & advice

with familysearch I go straight to the "more options" page when searching, then having filled in all the boxes I can, and got some results, I click on X to hide those options away (with the choice to bring them back for adjustment)

Quote Originally Posted by pat fowles View Post
    Does anyone know what has happened to Familysearch? The old search page has gone and the new one is hopeless. Please tell me it's not just me that finds it really frustrating.

Have been using Family Search today and so frustrating. Finding it difficult to navigate. Also popped into "Historical Directories" today which used to be a pleasure. Now a nightmare. I understand the reasons for change as put out by the powers that be at the time of change (10 years ago?) but I still cannot master the new navigation.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    It doesn’t matter whether it’s a chocolate bar or a web site, the words “new, improved” are enough to strike fear into my heart!
    I am also very frustrated with the new setup of familysearch.org, so tedious and frustrating but am being driven even more desperate with one manufacturers altered range of chocolate bars here. Where have most of my favourites gone? Now its all white chocolate and biscuity stuff. I need unadulterated chocolate - oh ok with maybe a little filling for texture complexity.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

To my mind, as someone who worked in the chocolate industry for 37 years. that sickly white stuff is not chocolate. Don't mind a bit of biscuit sometimes, but the reason it is there is because it is a lot cheaper than chocolate.

Sorry Pam I went right off topic there, probably because I am desperately trying not to eat chocolate whilst trying to find a clue to the possible father of my illegitimate maternal ggrandfather by using my DNA results!
    I have him from his birth, through censuses, trip to Australia, back to Bolton and death in asylum. I would just like to locate a possible father. Oh and my other gripe is people who do their DNA and have a public tree with under 10 people on it and all listed as 'Private' or they don't reply to messages. Bring on the chocolate coloured chocolate.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast