Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

I did a sibling search which gave me 245 pages of results,first five entries were in the wrong county.Suggest everyone uses familysearch "Feedback" and let them know your feelings.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Whoever redesigned the Search page obviously doesn't understand that "If it ain't broken don't fix it".
    Ifind the new system rather confusing and now only go there occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by David Tuson View Post
    Whoever redesigned the Search page obviously doesn't understand that "If it ain't broken don't fix it".
    IFind the new system rather confusing and now only go there occasionally.
    I agree. However, I'm now getting more used to it, that said I did prefer the old search pages which were more user-friendly. We, who've used family search for many years know what records are on there (the ones we used regularly) I have to wonder how new users will find some of the gems FS has.

A message from FS giving feedback to complaints and their reasons for change. The user comments are 'interesting' everyone seems frustrated, some angry, and others have 'given up'.

https://community.familysearch.org/e...ge-feedback/p1
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

A bump for the title of this thread.

We had about twelve queries the other day - and now it's all gone quiet again!

A tip for all our members.

Don't just write your surname interests in the space in your profile - actually post them in the 'Surname interests' forum. Though do add places and times to the names.
    "James Wilson, baptised 1822 in Lincoln, son of John and Mary; he later moved to Sheffield. Wife Hannah, children John, Thomas, Richard and Rebecca.
    Marmaduke Felix Featherstonehaugh born 1853 in Wellingborough, son of Felix and Maria. "
    is much more helpful to other possible new relatives of yours than just plain 'Wilson and Featherstonehaugh'.

Search engines will only pick up surnames actually posted in forum threads, hence the 'surname interests' thread, even if you don't have a query about a particular surname because you've already got back to 1066 on that name/line.

ADDED:

It would have been useful if I'd posted the link to the 'Surname interests' forum.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...name-Interests

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

I did find a possible lead on a French ancestor and was going to post it in a thread I started in late 2008 but sadly many of the other members of the site who contributed to the thread have since deleted their accounts so I cannot converse and have a chat about the new lead on my Huguenot ancestor Francis Fradin.

You never know who (long term or new) is here with an active account. A lot has happened in all those years, more data has come on line, and the newer folk may be happy to see the older data in your thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12