Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Loves to help with queries

Thankyou. Appreciate your help. What it seems is that Sarah Ann Quick is the daughter of James Bragg Quick and Harriet Webber. James Bragg Quick is the son of Ann. Ann is on record as being Ann Quicke. I have a copy of marriage of Ann Sharland marrying William Quick and I have a copy of a marriage of Ann Rookes also marrying William Quick. There are two DNA matches which say they are half matches through William Quick. My guess is that they are related through William Quick and his marriage to Ann Rookes? Perhaps James Bragg Quick was illegitimate but the DNA isn't respective of documents and what they say, it just gives you relationships. Perhaps my Ann Quicke, mother of James Bragg Quick, wasn't married to William but the DNA is showing me who his father is?

However. I also have a DNA match on the Sharland side, a different match. So this would say that somehow the connection is there through James Bragg Quick with the Sharland family. I initially wondered if Ann Sharland
    was Ann Rookes?...
    It all gets confusing. But piecing together the info on family search, there is perhaps two different William Quicks being confused together.

However, there is definitely a connection between the Quicks and the Sharlands.

Its frustrating without the means of being able to search properly.

Thank you for your help.

Loves to help with queries

Ann Rookes' parents are Samuel Sharland and Sarah Tucker. That would place Ann Sharland being Ann Rookes...perhaps she married twice and William Quick married twice. But, william Quicks marriage to Ann Sharland has got Ann's father as John Sharland. It also says that William is a Husbandman and it gives John as being a blacksmith. The marriage was by license. Prayed for.
    Perhaps two different William Quicks? What I also note is that Ann Quicke who is on James Bragg Quick's baptism has an e on the end of her name but the others dont. Dont know if it makes a difference. Maybe it changed over time but there are also different Quick families in Devon. Some with an e and some without.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234