Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Thank you for this info.
    Ancestry works in this way:
    They determine your match. Tell you how they could be related to you and give you percentages and cm's and they assess your family tree and show you how they think you are related to the match. It is not other people using ancestry which gives you the matches. It is ancestry themselves. Yes, if you have put the incorrect person and info on your tree of who you think you are related to, it wont show you your matches against the wrong person, but it will give you hints as to who is your right ancestor and then if you put that person on your tree, it will show u your matches. But you do have a whole list of cousin matches who haven't been added to your tree, so you can search through them to find out if u have surnames of someone u think u have on ur tree...hope this makes sense?
    Last edited by Gilbertlouise; 28-10-2021 at 5:49 PM. Reason: incorrect word.

What I have noted on the page that has my DNA matches, on thrulines, is that they are referred to as 'Half'. Such as Ann Harriet Quick is 'Half 3rd Great Grand Aunt' etc. These matches only appear when looking at William Quick, they don't appear when looking at Ann Sharland...a different match appears through Elizabeth Sharland's line. Thus this would mean that William Quick is not a full parent of James Bragg Quick.

According to 3 census records, Sarah Ann is from Tiverton, not Torquay. It says abt. 1863. I dont know Devon at all. But looking at Google, Torquay is about 5o minutes away from Tiverton.

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    FMP Baptism (transcript/image)
    Sara Ann, baptised 10 Aug 1862, parents James Bragg Quick and Harriet Quick, abode Queen Street, father's occpn. labourer, place of Baptism, Parish of Upton, Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Torquay.

Re Jemima Webber in 1862 - have you determined her age at that time re. childbearing?
    As in my previous post.
    1851 HO107 piece 1887 folio 334 page 9
    address Stockley English
    James Bragg Quick 38 Farm labourer Stockleigh English, Devon,
    Jemima Quick 46 Sandford, Devon
    Marriage of James Bragg Quick and Jemima Quick 1848. (Jemima nee Webber, widow of George Quick)

So in 1862 Jemima would be about 56 BUT I think this is Jemima Quick's death registration on FreeBMD
    Jemima Quick June 1/4 1858 registration disctrict Crediton (which includes Stockleigh English) vol 5b page 280.

Marriage March 1/4 1860 vol 5b page 719 reg District Crediton, Devon. James Bragg Quick and Harriet Webber on the same page.

So Harriet nee Webber is the mother of Sarah Ann Quick not Jemima?

Jemima born c 1804, Sandford. Harriet born c1827, Walfordesworthy (from the 1861 census)
    Sandford is approximately 6 1/2 miles South of Walfardisworthy and both on the Crediton registration district.
    I wonder what, if any, is the relationship between Jemima and Harriet?

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I've been trying to find Harriet Webber baptism/birth without success. So did wonder if she married pre. James Bragg Quick. That Jemima is not the mother of Sarah Ann goes without saying - hence my drawing attention to her would-be-age in 1862

Still looking for the Sarah Ann Quick birth/baptism to Francis Bragg and Harriet that didn't happen in Torquay.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Still looking for the Sarah Ann Quick birth/baptism to Francis Bragg and Harriet that didn't happen in Torquay.
    James Bragg Quick and Harriet
    Birth
    Harriet Quick mmn Webber September 1/4 1860 reg dist Tiverton vol 5b page 404
    DEATH Harriet Quick age 1 reg district Tiverton September 1/4 1862 vol 5b page 258

Birth
    Sarah Ann Quick mmn Webber June 1/4 1862 reg dist Tiverton vol 5b page 440.

QUICK, SARAH ANN mmn BUSWELL
    GRO Reference: 1863 June Quarter in PLYMOUTH Volume 05B Page 284. According to her birth certificate on a public tree her father is Thomas Ireland Quick Master carpenter and her mother Catherine nee Buswell. Sarah Ann born 15 June 1863 at 12 Morley place

On same page FreeBMD
    Marriages September 1/4 1862
    Catherine Buswell and Thomas Quick reg dist Plymouth vol 5b page 457

So definitely another Sarah Ann Quick born Plymouth, No baptism found as yet, which leaves me wondering why James Bragg and Harriet went to Plymouth to christen their Sarah Ann.
    Sarah Ann Quick born Plymouth died in Brisbane Australia 1946. Husband William Henry Browne. She went to Australia with her parents sometime between her birth and the birth of her sister Agnes in 1868 in Brisbane.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    James Bragg Quick and Harriet
    Birth
    Harriet Quick mmn Webber September 1/4 1860 reg dist Tiverton vol 5b page 404
    DEATH Harriet Quick age 1 reg district Tiverton September 1/4 1862 vol 5b page 258

Birth
    Sarah Ann Quick mmn Webber June 1/4 1862 reg dist Tiverton vol 5b page 440.

QUICK, SARAH ANN mmn BUSWELL
    GRO Reference: 1863 June Quarter in PLYMOUTH Volume 05B Page 284. According to her birth certificate on a public tree her father is Thomas Ireland Quick Master carpenter and her mother Catherine nee Buswell. Sarah Ann born 15 June 1863 at 12 Morley place

On same page FreeBMD
    Marriages September 1/4 1862
    Catherine Buswell and Thomas Quick reg dist Plymouth vol 5b page 457

So definitely another Sarah Ann Quick born Plymouth, No baptism found as yet, which leaves me wondering why James Bragg and Harriet went to Plymouth to christen their Sarah Ann.
    Sarah Ann Quick born Plymouth died in Brisbane Australia 1946. Husband William Henry Browne. She went to Australia with her parents sometime between her birth and the birth of her sister Agnes in 1868 in Brisbane.
    Christina
    James Bragg Quick and Harriet Quick/Webber didn't go to Plymouth to baptise their Sarah Ann - they went to Torquay.

So sorry about being off key with this. You'll find me hunched in a corner wearing
    Christina
    William Burroughs

There's this baptism on family search for Harriet Webber, 16 Mar 1828, Woolfardisworthy
    dau of John and Susan Webber.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...=21&cc=2515875
    Alma

Found it (transcript only) on FMP - I was searching too narrowly on YoB.

Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast