Marriage
    https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VF41-2R2
    Alma

A death record Jun 1869, 11a/199, Pontypridd, Glamorganshire,
    William Bevan Treherne, Age: 64,
    Alma

A fountain of knowledge

ALMA

I received an email with a posting re Wearing and when I go to reply I see you have done an immense
    amount of work with info for both Wearing and the Bevan/Treharne families. That really is unbelievably
    kind of you and will keep me busy for quite some time! Thanks so much, I do appreciate all you have done.

1) RICHARD JAMES WEARING

Thanks for the Oz info which is interesting. Yours 23) That's a great help re electoral register for Cardiff.
    Mine 26) Yes my typo should be in the 1939 Register living at 53 Collenna Road Tonyrefail are Margaret
    Thomas and her nephew Thomas Anthony Thomas. RJW died 1933 with residence as No 53 C Road
    so perhaps any family relationship will pop up at some time. He might not be a relative but then odd that
    he is buried with the Thomas family.

2) BEVAN/TREHARNE

I'm not quite sure what surname is best to use when adding to my Anc tree. I have Jane Bevan which is
    where I started being the wife of Thomas Powell Thomas being the Thomas family I am/was (!) working on.
    Working backwards for her Father the surname varies from one to the other. Interestingly you and Pam Downes
    refer in yours 29) to William FREK Bevan from the census but all I can do is work from transcripts which
    i note states William TREH Bevan!! perhaps I'll use BEVAN aS the first entries ie Elizabeth Williams marries William Bevan in 1825 Llantrisant.

This certainly isn't important as I have more than enough to work with but any thoughts re yours 29)
    as to what name Giny would be?! It's confusing as census say born Llantrisant which is usually Pontypridd
    but then the 1851 is Ystradyfodwg, Merthyr Tydfil.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I'll jump in and answer for both Alma and myself re
    2) BEVAN/TREHARNE

I'm not quite sure what surname is best to use when adding to my Anc tree. I have Jane Bevan which is
    where I started being the wife of Thomas Powell Thomas being the Thomas family I am/was (!) working on.
    Working backwards for her Father the surname varies from one to the other. Interestingly you and Pam Downes
    refer in yours 29) to William FREK Bevan from the census but all I can do is work from transcripts which
    i note states William TREH Bevan!! perhaps I'll use BEVAN aS the first entries ie Elizabeth Williams marries William Bevan in 1825 Llantrisant.

This certainly isn't important as I have more than enough to work with but any thoughts re yours 29)
    as to what name Giny would be?! It's confusing as census say born Llantrisant which is usually Pontypridd
    but then the 1851 is Ystradyfodwg, Merthyr Tydfil.
    Firstly, you chose whichever name and spelling of it you wish to use, but then in your notes say the equivalent of 'in the 1881 census his/her surname was spelt Greene; in 1891 Grane;' etc. Again, whether you put that information in the 'main' notes re the person or just in a note for a specific record is down to personal preference. (My tree isn't on Ancestry so I don't know how you can enter details.)

Secondly, sincere apologies for the mis-information re William's surname transcription in the 1871 census. I looked at the image and then copied what Alma had written, instead of double-checking what the transcription actually said. (I use FMP and it says William Treh Bevan, as in first, middle, and surname.)

You need to go to Specsavers. Alma gave the name in 1851 as Jiny, not Giny. As to who she is, I would refer you to the 1841 census (post #18), her birth registration post #31, and the 1861 census post #29.

Re the bit in bold - no, it's not confusing. The record (both Ancestry's transcript and the image) clearly says born Llantrisant, living Ystradyfodwg.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

as to what name Giny would be?!
    Hi Gillian, See #31 for who Jiny is.

Pam has answered your other questions for which I'm grateful as I have my grandchildren staying overnight.
    Alma

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234