Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A fountain of knowledge

Thanks again PAM. Yes I too was burning the midnight oil!

Re the three mysterious children on the 1939 Register I agree it seems that Thomas Powell Thomas and
    Jane nee Bevan are the parents but ref my first posting re the gap in dates born. But just checking I
    found the 1911 census for Thomas and Jane and put Marr 17y 8ba 5a 3d (not added the census yet) so I found
    the five alive (which includes Minnie and Maude etc) but hadn't checked beyond 1911 for births - so there
    must be more births after 1911 before the first of the three which was 1915 when in fact Jane would be 38 so that's possible. I have made separate pages for them on my Anc tree so definitely they are as you say children of Thomas and Jane - that's brilliant BUT I'd still welcome help from from someone please re

1) the birth of JANE BEVAN WHO ON THE 1891 CENSUS is aged 13. Born Tonyrefail, Llantrisant which should be Pontypridd reg. and
    2) re my last posting who is Phyllis married surname Bevan whose probate goes to Jane Thomas nee Bevan?

Birth of both William and Phillis are before the registrations so don't know their parents etc.

So grateful for clarification re the three children etc. I do too much at once and get carried away and over whelmed. In this case I find it diffiicult looking for Bevan/Treharne ie not knowing which surname used.

A fountain of knowledge

Re my last posting and clarification birth Jane Bevan ie 1) I forgot my own posting NO. 5.copied below
    Does this seem correct for her?

" Just logging off but thought I'd have one more go at finding Jane BEVAN in a census and may have done
    but can't see the wood for the trees at present. There is an 1891 census Llanwonno Pontypridd for a Thomas Bevan married to Margaret so found a Marriage 1859 Merthyr Tydfil Thomas Bevan to Margaret Jenkins and then possible birth for Jane BEVAN
    BEVAN, JANE mmn JENKINS
    GRO Reference: 1877 D Quarter in MERTHYR TYDFIL Volume 11A Page 517"

I'll have to stop this now as can't think straight any more.

Famous for offering help & advice

Not sure if you already have this.

Phyllis Bevan.

1901 census
    Class: RG13; Piece: 5007; Folio: 126; Page: 22

MORGAN, PHILLIS, MMN WATKINS
    GRO Reference: 1843 M Quarter in CARDIFF Volume 26 Page 349

1851; Llantrisant; HO107; Piece: 2456; Folio: 292; Page: 6
    All born Llantrisant
    Thomas Morgan 63, ag lab pensioer
    Ann Morgan 48
    Thomas Morgan 13
    Ann Morgan 11
    Felisk Morgan 8
    David Morgan 5

1861 Phylis is a servant. RG9; Piece: 4043; Folio: 8; Page: 17, also a servant in 1871.
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by gilian rowland View Post
    Re my last posting and clarification birth Jane Bevan ie 1) I forgot my own posting NO. 5.copied below
    Does this seem correct for her?

" Just logging off but thought I'd have one more go at finding Jane BEVAN in a census and may have done
    but can't see the wood for the trees at present. There is an 1891 census Llanwonno Pontypridd for a Thomas Bevan married to Margaret so found a Marriage 1859 Merthyr Tydfil Thomas Bevan to Margaret Jenkins and then possible birth for Jane BEVAN
    BEVAN, JANE mmn JENKINS
    GRO Reference: 1877 D Quarter in MERTHYR TYDFIL Volume 11A Page 517"

I'll have to stop this now as can't think straight any more.
    No, that's totally wrong.
    From my post #6
    1881, living in Llantrisant, census reference RG11/5298 folio 89 page 29.
    William Treharne,50, with wife Felish, and daughters Elizabeth A and Jenny, aged 3.
    1891, still living Llantrisant, census reference RG12/4417 folio 115 page 8.
    William B Treharn, 60, wife Felish B, daughters Elizabeth A, and Jane B, aged 13.[
    The person who married Thomas Powell Thomas in 1894 as Jane Bevan, began life with a birth registration of
    TREHARNE, JENNY. mother's maiden name MORGAN
    GRO Reference: 1877 J Quarter in PONTYPRIDD Volume 11A Page 384.

Post #8 from Pamela W gives the marriage of Jenny/Jane's parents.

I suspect that William Bevan/Treharnemay be similar to my great-grandfather. Born illegitimately, but baptised with his father's surname on the same day as his parents married. 1841 and 1851 census he's living at home with his parents, so has his father's surname (Brown). 1861 led me a merry dance until I happened to spot a badly-transcribed, but correct, birthplace for him, but with his mother's surname (Smith). Seven months later he married, using his mother's maiden surname Smith, and with his father's surname (Brown) as a middle name. Thereafter he was always Frederick Brown Smith, and he gave his two sons the middle name of Brown as well.

I know it's skipping a few census, but in 1841 there's a 15 year old William Bevan who's a shoe maker living in Llantrisant. Census reference HO107/1420 book 6 folio 25 page 6. Couldn't successfully bring him/family forward to 1851, 1861, etc.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

A fountain of knowledge

PAM W Yours 13) Thanks so much for that. It gives Phillis Bevan Widow living with her now married daughter Elizabeth Ann to Thomas Davies with grand daughter.

ALMA Yours 14 & 15) Brilliant find, thanks so much.

PAM D Yours 16) Wonderful to have Jane Bevan's birth and note her Christian name as Jenny - that is a
    learning curve! That certainly with all the other findings clears up this mystery. I note your comment
    re previous census for William as a shoemaker.

I need to add this to my tree and get my head round it.

I have Library access which is a great help but have to go the long way round and type in name, dates etc
    and click on Llantrisant Glamorgan and then plough through entries so to have typed out census info is
    fantastic.

Very many thanks to everyone - I'm very grateful. Jill.

1841, Llantrissent. HO107; Piece: 1420; Book: 7; Folio: 33; Page: 13
    Thomas Morgan 50
    Anne Morgan 35
    Mary Morgan 10
    Jane Morgan 7
    Thomas Morgan 5
    Anne Morgan 2
    Alma

A fountain of knowledge

ALMA
    Thanks so much - an enormous help.

I have made a start on adding the census for Phyllis to my tree and have got as far as her marriage 1873 to William Beven Treharne. Pam in 6) found the 1881 and 1891 which I have yet to work on.

Is it possible please someone would kindly point me in the right direction of the 1901 as I can't find it.
    She dies 1902 and he died 1899.

NB Spelling of her Christian name varies.

Richard James Wearing/Waring

His WW1 service papers are within the Australia service records collection. He's entered as James Wearing born Neath, an engine driver, father John of 5, Church Rd, Cardiff which is the address his father Joseph John was at in 1911.
    Alma

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast