Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Also worth noting that Midholm was also known as Midlem.

Starting to feel at home

"Is there a date on the page full of baptisms? Another possibility is that the family started out as dissenters, and then changed their minds.

I realise that this is (a) speculation and (b) well beyond your query, but it's rather interesting to see the effect of rule/law/belief changes on families.[/QUOTE]

There is a date on the top left of the page, I believe it says 1786.
    The Scotland's people reference is:
    30/08/1777, Maibon, Thomas Old Parish Registers Births 783/10 241 Bowden Page 241 of 453.

I downloaded it in 2016.
    The list of children of John Maibon of Midlem and Betty Maibon his wife, had the following children born and baptised
    There are 4 children listed, however I think the date that is given for Thomas, actually belongs to his sister on the lines above.
    The 2 line entries have the child's name and what I think is the birth date on the first line and the baptism date on the second line.

Thanks for indulging my curiosity! I have an approaching deadline (as always), but will be looking forward to continuing this search.

Starting to feel at home

Thanks
    I have been wandering records for other Thomas Maibon, Meabon, Meaben etc as it is his parentage that it is in question, whether the Betty and William are his parents or others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12