Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FATHER

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default FATHER

I believe that my 'sister' [24 years older than me] was my mother. I was born in 1941 and my father was killed in action at sea 3 weeks before that. Hospital records do not begin till 1945. I need a researcher to try and prove this. I am 100% genuine about this. All my siblings are dead and it is of no consequence to anyone except myself. Can someone help please. gillie.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello gillie,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. SEE POST #15

Have you not got a copy of your birth certificate?
    Search for your birth registration at
    https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
    Then register at https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp
    to order a copy of the certificate, quoting the year, quarter, page and volume numbers found on FreeBMD.

You might want to look at your brother born in 1939, in the 1939 Register, which is available to view on Findmypast and Ancestry, and who he's with.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Pam,am I being a bit dim here,how do you know she has a brother born in 1939? Have I missed something?

T’other Pam.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Pam,am I being a bit dim here,how do you know she has a brother born in 1939? Have I missed something?

T’other Pam.
    PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. SEE POST #15

No, t'other one, you've not missed anything.
    I have ways of finding out things, but because I think this query might be bordering on breaking privacy laws (even though it's the OP's privacy we're talking about), I'm not going to reveal my 'sources'.

I don't know where the 'sister' bit comes from, but as far as I can see all gillie needs to do is get a copy of her birth certificate, and then look at that 1939 Register entry to prove who her parents were.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

Pam, but even if she gets a copy of her birth certificate it may still list her grandparents as her parents if they named themselves as the childs parents - certainly not unknown!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

My brother does not come into it. I was born on 29/04/1941. I believe that my father [whom I was called after] was killed at sea on 6/04/1941. I am sure my grandparents [whose names appear on my birth certificate and who brought me up] registered my birth to themselves. My sister was 24 years older than me, she married my father and of course was a widow when I was born. She went to london. I have certificates and all relevant information. Unfortunately hospital records dont start till 1945. I would be happy to employ a researcher if they thought that that they could prove my 'sister' had a child at that time. All my brothers and sisters are dead so the information is for my peace of mind only. It may be futile. How can I contact a recsearcer and put my case to him. Thanks for your reply. G.Duthie.

Can we assume that your sister is dead?
    In post #6, you mention brothers and sisters - how do they fit in? I’m a little confused.
    In such relatively modern and complex cases, some of our members have had good results by talking to the Salvation Army’s family tracing service. They have access to records that we don’t.

Knowledgeable and helpful

It looks as if you may have an older sister who was born October- December 1940, at most 7 months before you. And is the boy who was born July -September 1942, 15 months after the death of your father, your brother?
    Or have I got it all hopelessly wrong?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Totally wrong sorry

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

What I would like is to contact a professional researcher to whom I would give all details. If they think they can find the information I want I would be more than happy to pay. Thanks for your interest. G.Duthie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast