Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Herbert Fredrick Cooper

Hi,

I am looking to find out any details relating to my Grandfather, Herbert Fredrick Cooper, who was in the Royal Navy Costal Forces in WW2.

He was in the 24th Flotilla on MTB85, before transferring to MTB410 in the 28th Flotilla, which was based in Malta.

I have some information from his book, "MTB's At War in the Med", but wondered if anyone might have some information or be able to point me in the right direction as to where I can find out some more information.

I have just paid to join the Forces War Records site, and cant find anything on there!

Many Thanks.

Simon

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Simon.
    As you have landed here from the Forces War Records site this 'sticky' will explain the connection.

WW11 service records and other information relating to specific people is not generally available on the internet because of privacy regulations.

The National archives guide to Royal Navy operations in WW11 is here and gives the link to The Mod where you can download the application forms for your grandfather's records. You will need 30 pounds, a copy of his death certificate and provide his birthdate. At the moment though you will also need a good amount of patience as there is a very long wait of up to 18 months.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs