Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    He was buried at Glasnevin cemetery as Thomas BARNASCONI.

Although his death cert says he was a widower, the only other *sconi burials I can see within the relevant timeframe are Mary in 1873 aged 2, and John in 1893 aged 24.
    The death helachau found gives an address of Werburgh St Dublin.Other Bernasconi deaths are John age 58, 1897, picture framer, and Robert 1895 age 18, son of John and Mary Anne. Plus a birth of a Mary Anne daughter of John and Mary Anne, formerly Daly . All of 21 Werburgh St Dublin.

Newspapers - Wexford People, 3 April 1886

March 26 at the Hospice, Harold's Cross, Thomas Barnascoli formerly of Wexford, aged 32 years, RIP

Well done, Helachau; Jomot; and Grisel.
    Alma

Still leaves the question of what happened to Mary Ann Eliza Darvell though ???

Thankyou for taking a look for me and the extra information, Alma. I have seen these BARNASCONIs during my slog through all of the information on the Ancestry website but have dicounted them as being connected to 'my' branch. They are scattered across the UK which makes it difficult to pinpoint who belongs to who - There are so many variations of the name too. Its been a headache over the years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    Still leaves the question of what happened to Mary Ann Eliza Darvell though ???
    Yes, Jomot1, that crossed my mind, too???? I feel another good trawl through the England GRO indexes coming on!!..... maybe Mary Ann Eliza died in England and Thomas went back home to his family......????

Amora2

Or maybe they just split up and Mary Ann - officially or otherwise - 'married' someone else? When any of my missing people have turned up that's usually what they've done, and more often than not they've gone abroad to do it. I hope Mary Ann Eliza isn't one of those!

Many thanks to Suemalings, Almach, helachau, Jomot1 and grisel for all the time you've given to delving into the depths of the websites I don't have access to.... and for all the marvellous results you've all come up with. You're all 'Super Sleuths' in my book and have my grateful thanks.

I was unable to get into the Freemans Journal to download a copy of the newspaper tidbit
    nor the Newspaper - Wexford people to get a copy of that tidbit, too, they seem to be subscription or buy credit sites!! - I'm not very good at this I.T. malarky, so maybe it's just me!!!!

Amora2

At least the "thick brickwall" is not quite as thick as it used to be.
    I must admit that after I'd checked the "Barnacross" find I was disappointed to see "widower". I had hoped to find Mary Anne as the person present at death. But these things are not intended to be in the world of chasing your "rellies".
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12