Starting to feel at home

Default THOMAS - Olive May b. 1893/94

Olive May THOMAS was born about 1894 in Ellesmere, Shropshire - parents Walter THOMAS 1858-1938 and Margaret Jane JONES 1856-1910, born-lived-died mainly in Ellesmere, but mother Margaret was born in Selattyn, Shropshire.

I can see the family in UK Census through to 1911, but I have not anything convincing thereafter.
    It was suggested that she married Edward ROBERTS who was born about 1890, but no additional clues.
    I can't find a marriage nor a death for Olive May Thomas/Roberts.
    There is an entry for that name (Olive May THOMAS) in the 1939 Registry, in Worcestershire, aged 40, a servant, single.

Help very welcome!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Anyone wishing to help with this query might find it useful to read this thread about Olive's sister, Dorothy.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ire?highlight=
    There's brief details of the census entries in post #8, but the most significant fact is that in December 1921 Olive was a witness at Dorothy's wedding, and that at the time Olive was still single, signing the register as Olive Thomas.

Olive's birth was registered December quarter 1893, Ellesmere registration district. Places in the district are -
    https://www.ukbmd.org.uk/reg/districts/ellesmere.html

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

FreeBMD have the marriage registration of a plain Olive (no May) Thomas in September quarter 1930, Ellesmere registration district. Groom is Edward Roberts.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Thanks, Pam. She was alive in 1921/22.
    Also, my initial post about Olive May THOMAS had her incorrect age in 1939 Registry - it was 45

Super Moderator

Olive May's birth registration in Dec 1893 has mother's maiden name as Jones.