Default Plymouth Brethren Churchs

Greetings all - I'm circling back on this topic - I seek information about "group" of Plymouth Brethren in Wales (Newport/Monmouthshire) or Chester/England area in the 1880's-1930's. Or even in London. My in-laws, specifically mother in law, Joan Annette Thompson and her family were in the closed version of the Brethren I believe. My father in law's father came via Northern Ireland and I've found that group of Brethrens. I'm curious because finding anyone who acknowledges my mother in law in Wales or England as been horrible - and finding her parents information has been equally troublesome. I know the religion plays a role - but hoping to find someone with insights or connections to help identify more information about our family. Doing so with respect is my goal!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Firstly, there are two previous threads regarding the Thompson family name, and other names connected with it.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...irkenhead-area

This one gives details of Joan in posts from #14 onwards.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...amp-Birkenhead

This is the most relevant piece of information.
    My mother-in-law, Joan Annette Thompson (born to John Thompson & Lydia Thompson), June 3, 1918 in Birkenhead, England.
    From your post in this thread
    I'm curious because finding anyone who acknowledges my mother in law in Wales or England as been horrible - and finding her parents information has been equally troublesome.
    From the bit in bold, do you mean anyone who says they are related to her?
    Did she have any siblings, and if the answer is 'no' then the nearest relations you will find are aunts/uncles/cousins and not every family delves deeply into those relationships. Especially if someone seems to disappear and are hard to trace.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I'm so sorry and NO I do not mean that folks have been horrible - simply it's been a long road of trying to find living folks who can advise what/or if John & Lydia departed England or Wales to pursue the religion freely or if there were other reasons. Because of the joining of the church it's difficult to uncover stories from that time, and folks have since passed. My husbands family has always noted they have no family - and it's obvious there are so many potential family members overseas. I've tracked many of the Kate & John Thompson and the Stevens families but limited insights on relatives of today's world - who are seeking information about the family. So sorry again for troubling you with my poor wording! Thanks. P.S. The previous posts are mine - and I've uncovered so much with this groups help.

From a public tree on ancestry.com

Brother of Joan Annette Thompson - Brian Dion Augustus Thompson, His birth registration does not include the name Dion.
    born 3 April 1906 Hawarden Wales and died 13 August 1944 Cincinnati Ohio.

Parents of Joan and Brian
    John Augustus Thompson
    born 23 March 1882 Newport Monmouthshire died 4 November 1946
    No parents recorded for John Augustus.

Lydia Annie Stevens
    born 14 March 1880 Down, Ireland; died 11 March 1963 Rochester Monroe New York.
    John Augustus and Lydia married June 1/4 1905 registration district Birkenhead.

Parents
    John Arthur Stevens
    born 6 October 1840 Plymouth Devon, died 20 January 1917 Flintshire Wales
    Marianne Ellis
    About 1849– Brixton Devon
    Death unknown

1911 census
    16 Cressington Avenue Birkenhead
    John Augustus Thompson age 29 a Naval Architect born Newport Monmouthshire
    Lydia Annie Thompson age 31 born Newry (ireland)
    Brian Augustus Thompson 4 born Sandycroft Flint
    There are marriage and death records for Brian Augustus on ancestry. I thibk the Dion as a middle name came from the marriage record where the name Brian is very hard to read and could be mistaken for Dion. He was a coastguard and is buried in a soldiers grave Ohio, U.S., Soldier Grave Registrations, 1804-1958

Now the problem with this information is that there is no real evidence to link Joan to this family and as Brian Augustus was born 1906 and Joan 1918 there is a lot of years between their births. There are other Thompson births with mother's maiden name Stevens in those in between years but down South mostly. From 1900 to 1911 there are a possible 26 from memory and 1912 to 1918 a definite 6.

Aha. Joan age 9 is with her parents John A and Lydia travelling from Sydney to San Francisco, California
    on the ship Ship Ventura arriving 31 May 1928. It was a pleasure trip. John A's occupation Architect.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

GRO index birth registration
    THOMPSON, John Augustus mother's maiden name Davies
    GRO Reference 1882 June 1/4 registration district Newport Vol 11A page 190

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs