Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Royal Veteran Company Australia 1800 to 1850

My 5th great grandfather was a Royal Marine sent to Australia in 1802 aboard the Atlas II. By this time he was old and placed in the Royal Veteran Company, where he served out his time.

Name: Alexander Arthur
    Birth: Abt. 1763 Northumberland, England
    Death: 30 May 1829 Windsor NSW Australia

This is what I think is true. Is there someone who could please check this and validate it?

Alexander Arthur enlisted in the 62nd Wiltshire Regiment in 1783, the same year that the regiment began a six-year posting to Ireland, but we do not know his place of birth.

In 1789 the French Revolution horrified Europe and the Regiment was transferred to Jamaica to ensure the defence of that colony.

By 1801 the Regiment was back in Ireland and it was at this point in County Cork that Alexander Arthur volunteered for the New South Wales Corps. Now a Corporal, Alexander Arthur sailed from Cork to Sydney, Australia in the Atlas, arriving 7 July 1802.

Thank you in advance

Knowledgeable and helpful

Free Reg has the following baptism, which might be relevant.
    Alexander Arthur 25 March 1764. Carlisle Street Chapel. Presbyterian. Newcastle Upon Tyne. Father William

PS I see Family Search has what seems to be the same event dated as 23 March All Saints , Carlisle Street, formerly Sallyport Presbne, and 25 March, Newcastle on Tyne.

Further baptisms at Carlisle Street Chapel (formerly Sallyport) Presbyterian -

William, son to William Arthur, Quarry Man, was baptized February 23rd 1766 by the Rev'd Mr James Robertson (who also baptized Alexander at #2)
    John Arthur, son to William Arthur in Fatfield upon Wear Water, was baptized May 15th 1768 by the Rev Mr James Waugh of Sunderland.

Possible siblings?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"