Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Marriage for Albert Timms ??

Looking for a marriage for Albert Timms born Rotherham 1855 died West Ham 1913.He was married to Mary Elizabeth ?,it says on the 1911 census that they have been married 34 years (circa 1877) I can't find a marriage perhaps they never married any help is appreciated thanks

Famous for offering help & advice

I can't find an Albert Timms b 1855 Rotherham in the 1911 census.

There is an Albert Timms, Comb Maker, who claims to have been born in York, although on earlier census the PoB is Sheffield. His wife is listed just as Elizabeth, and tracing them back through the census they are living in York in 1881 - RG11/4725/60/33.

From the births of their children, Elizabeth's maiden name was ELLISON, and from the census she was born c1854 York.

TIMMS, AMELIA mmn ELLISON GRO Reference: 1874 S Quarter in YORK Volume 09D Page 47
    TIMMS, EMILY ANN mmn ELLISON GRO Reference: 1876 S Quarter in YORK Volume 09D Page 55
    TIMMS, LILY mmn ELLISON GRO Reference: 1879 M Quarter in YORK Volume 09D Page 41

I dont immediately see a marriage for them though.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    I can't find an Albert Timms b 1855 Rotherham in the 1911 census.

There is an Albert Timms, Comb Maker, who claims to have been born in York, although on earlier census the PoB is Sheffield. His wife is listed just as Elizabeth, and tracing them back through the census they are living in York in 1881 - RG11/4725/60/33.

From the births of their children, Elizabeth's maiden name was ELLISON, and from the census she was born c1854 York.

TIMMS, AMELIA mmn ELLISON GRO Reference: 1874 S Quarter in YORK Volume 09D Page 47
    TIMMS, EMILY ANN mmn ELLISON GRO Reference: 1876 S Quarter in YORK Volume 09D Page 55
    TIMMS, LILY mmn ELLISON GRO Reference: 1879 M Quarter in YORK Volume 09D Page 41

I dont immediately see a marriage for them though.
    Thanks I've found a birth for Mary Elizabeth Ellison at York in the first quarter of 1855

The only reference I can see to Albert's wife being Mary Elizabeth is in the transcription record for their daughter Ada's baptism
    Ada Timms
    Christened 25 May 1881
    At York, Yorkshire, England
    Father: Albert Timms
    Mother: Mary Elizabeth Timms

There is this marriage Dec 1/4 1873
    ELLISON Mary Elizabeth married one of the following
    Thomas BILLINGTON
    Charles George Peacock
    Registration district Runcorn, Cheshire 8a/339

So did Mary Elizabeth marry one of the above then in the next year or so become involved with Albert? NO this idea can be discounted because Charles George Peacock and Mary E are together on all the censuses following their marriage. This Mary Elizabeth Ellison's birth reg is June 1/4 1854 Runcorn.
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I know she was Mary Elizabeth as she remarried in 1920 as Mary Elizabeth Timms to Peter Ruffell at West Ham she passed away in 1930

it looks like Mary Elizabeth was the illegitimate daughter of Ann Ellison & was baptised 13 Feb 1855, abode the workhouse.

In 1861 they are lodging with the Harrison family at 2, St Marys Row, St Mary Bishophill Senior, York, although Mary Elizabeth is enumerated as Elizabeth - RG9/3549/5/4

A possible marriage for Ann is 13 Feb 1865 at St Saviour, York, to William Empson, a shoemaker. In 1871 & 1881 they are Stockton, Durham (my home town) then back in York for the 1891 census. Ann appears to have died the following year, aged 63.

I haven't found Mary Elizabeth in 1871, although there are a couple of 'possibles'

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

it looks like Mary Elizabeth was the illegitimate daughter of Ann Ellison & was baptised 13 Feb 1855, abode the workhouse.

In 1861 they are lodging with the Harrison family at 2, St Marys Row, St Mary Bishophill Senior, York, although Mary Elizabeth is enumerated as Elizabeth - RG9/3549/5/4

A possible marriage for Ann is 13 Feb 1865 at St Saviour, York, to William Empson, a shoemaker. In 1871 & 1881 they are Stockton, Durham (my home town) then back in York for the 1891 census. Ann appears to have died the following year, aged 63.

I haven't found Mary Elizabeth in 1871, although there are a couple of 'possibles'
    Thanks for all your help

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I can't find Albert Timms in the 1881 census can you help please

See my post #2 for the 1881 census ref. From memory they were enumerated as Timon instead of Timms.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

See my post #2 for the 1881 census ref. From memory they were enumerated as Timon instead of Timms.
    Thanks found it "Albert Timon"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast