Default SOLOMON COWAN c 1809-1867

I would appreciate a look up in the 1841 Census for Solomon Cowan b circa 1809-1867 and his wife Lydia nee Harris.

They were married Gt.Synagogue 1833. He was living from the 1830s at 15 Goswell Street Clerkenwell. He appears with his wife and children at the same address in 1851 Census HO1522 371 23 ( Copyright TNA)
    15 Goswell Street St.Luke Old Street Whitecross Street Middlesex
    SOLOMON COWAN H M 41 b Middx
    Lydia wife 39
    Rebecca dau 14
    Sarah dau 10
    Lewis son 7
    Julia 27 recorded as his dau but is his sister
    He died June qtr 1867 London 1b 417 age 58 b abt 1809

I have looked for him on Ancestry in 1841 using various names but can't find him.

Would greatly appreciate any help.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Famous for offering help & advice

I cant see him on the 1841 census, but he was a witness at the Old Bailey in 1840, giving his address as Goswell Street: https://www.oldbaileyonline.org/imag...c=184003020154

Many thanks for searching. He is not one of my lines and I am researching on behalf of someone. There are various records on JewishGen and the Old Bailey plus newspaper accounts but as you say he is not present in the 1841 Census.

There is a way of looking at each district on the census but so far I can't see him but have not looked at each district.

Hello Philip
    I did try looking for this family earlier today but didn't find them.
    I see from the 1851 census that they were living in the county of Middlesex, the Parish of St Lukes, sub registration district Finsbury which brings up 20 districts to search. Would it help if I did some for you tomorrow? If so just tell me which district numbers to search through.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

I manually looked through Goswell Street for 1841 and didn't see him, although it doesn't help that the houses aren't numbered.

You are both very kind to offer to look for Solomon Cowan. His father was Yechutiel HaCohen -Hebrew name which means that Solomon dropped the Cohen last name for Cowan/Cowen.

In the 1841 Census on Ancestry -Browse the Collection the County is Middlesex Civil Parish St.James Clerkenwell Subdistrict Goswell Street-17 Districts.

I did look at numbers of the districts but as jomot1 said there are no numbers which makes 15 Goswell Street hard to locate.

Is there any Cohen/Cowen in the same street?

Unfortunately, I can't process data as I used to be able to do and your help is greatly appreciated.