Thread: Hi

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hi

Hello, l am new here and searching Patrick Conroy at the moment, started my family tree in 1980 in paper form and over the past few years have been putting everything on my computer, quite a mission. Not sure what to do or where to go on here but will find my way around eventually.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Chris. Have a wander round, see what is where and choose a suitable forum to tell us a bit about your current research. Since you say that you're new to online forums, you may find the message about "Helping us to help you" HERE interesting (or at least amusing).

Tell us enough of what you know to let your target stand out from the crowd, without giving us details about (potentially) living people. When you look around, you will notice messages "stuck"at the tops of various forums. These contain general info about that particular subject.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thankyou, trying to find my way around on here.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Don't worry too much about posting in the wrong place because the mods have magic powers and can shuffle things to a more appropriate section. (Though obviously if you have a query relating to say Ireland, then it's better not to post it in the Scottish section in the first place. )
    What is important is that you double-check your facts before you press the 'send' button. You'd be surprised how many people give a wrong name, year, or place, which makes it impossible for anyone to help.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Don't worry too much about posting in the wrong place because the mods have magic powers and can shuffle things to a more appropriate section. (Though obviously if you have a query relating to say Ireland, then it's better not to post it in the Scottish section in the first place. )
    What is important is that you double-check your facts before you press the 'send' button. You'd be surprised how many people give a wrong name, year, or place, which makes it impossible for anyone to help.

Pam
    Thanks.