Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Famous for offering help & advice

Hello again.
    Scotland's People have records of Valuation rolls - a local tax - and lists the tenants and occupiers of Paulville for 1920 and 1925. You can do a free search.(Put Paulville in for 'place'). However the house numbers of Paulville only seem to go as high as 67. 98 is not listed. Could this be a mistake in the passenger list you have? Have you seen the original image?
    The only Ryan listed is an Ernest Ryan at no 7 in 1925.
    There are names of all the tenants up to no 67.

The highest house no. I found for "Paulville Rows" was No 64. Still fairly sure that "Paulville Cottages" are "Paulville Rows". Have found "Paulville" on FMP's Scottish PO Directories (latest 1912/13) with a 1952 entry I didn't check.
    Found Bathgate around 1924 but these directories tend to to list the great and the good. Paulville was a purpose built area to house the Bogend miners employed by Messrs Paul, Coalmasters. A certain Mr Paul, The Coalmaster, originally proposed "Paultown" for the 1899 development but the Bathgate councillors proposed "Paulville" as it it sounded better.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Lenore View Post
    I understand Bathgate to be in West Lothian, but the Forums for Scotland do not appear to have a West Lothian, which is why I selected the Edinburgh Forum for my query.

I can access directories through FMP, but I am stumbling around because I don't understand the geography.

Lenore
    Victoria, Australia

Bathgate used to be in a county named Linlithgowshire. In 1921 the name was changed to West Lothian. British Genealogy doesn’t have a board for either option.
    ELWYN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12