Super Moderator

Default Info. on certificates site?

I may have asked this before, sorry if someone gave me the information which I have lost anyway!

Some years ago there used to be a site called (I think) Freecert or maybe something similar. It allowed us to enter all the details on any certificates we held, birth, death, marriage. At the first page was an alphabetical list of all the certificates that had been entered.

I can't find the site now and have searched but cannot see anything that resembles the site I used. Any ideas please?

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Was it FreeCen.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Famous for offering help & advice

If you look on this thread by someone called 'suemalings' you will find my reply - bmdshare - https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...light=freecert

It doesn't work on the wayback machine as you needed to log in to see the detail on certificates. All you get on wayback is say a name year and place - no other detail.

Super Moderator

Thanks all, yes it was BMDShare which is no longer available. What a pity, it was a great site. I included the information from every certificate I had.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

What you could do is place postems on FreeBMD giving some, or all, of the details on the certificates.
    There's a limit to the number of characters you can use in a postem, but you can add a further post-em if necessary.
    https://www.freebmd.org.uk/postems-help.html
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”