Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Miner

Knowledgeable and helpful

You may have seen this but if you Google "crookham baptisms" you should come across a liink to an old thread on Rootschat which mentions the Trotter family of Wooler, including an Isabella, and a Trotter / Scott marriage. It is quite lengthy and I have not read it in detail. It also seems a bit inconclusive but some of it might match your research. Sorry, I do not know how to give you the link.
    PS I see the original poster is still active so you might be able to make contact and compare notes

Starting to feel at home

Thank you,
    I did try to ask for information a while ago but the only response I got was a ticking off for spelling a place name wrong. Those particular researchers are not the friendliest bunch, I've decided.

I have researched the bio on Find a grave and found that they have partially mixed up their Peter Forsyth with another Peter F in Scotland. I smelled a rat when I first read it and noticed that they claim that Peter married Mary King at Christmas 1851. They then say that in the 1851 census he was living with his wife in Scotland. I thought, "How could he be" so I looked and it's a different person. He was a coal miner, the Peter living in Ford in 1851 wasn't. So the plot thickens.

Many Thanks for your help.

Regards B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12