Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post

He names his father as Adolphus James Marott - Mariner

Adolphus Marott born 1852 died 27 Nov 1881 at sea (drowned) whilst aboard the “Rival” in the North Sea having departed from Yarmouth – source “Registers Of Wages And Effects Of Deceased Seamen, 1852-1889” – available on FMP. 11s 1d was paid to his father.
    This man was baptised St Margaret’s Barking 25 April 1852 and his father was Adolphus a fisherman, and his mother’s was Sarah Sussannah.

Adolphus Marott aged 75 a fisherman living with his wife Sarah – 1901 Census Barking, Essex – Piece 1653, Folio 132, Page 15, He died in 1904 in Romford. Sarah died in 1908. In the 1881 census Sarah and her daughter Charlotte were living at New Street, Gorleston, Mutford, Suffolk – piece 107, folio 113, page 24

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by hackneycab2 View Post
    Yes,I have seen that,have also got a copy of his (Frederick William Marott) birth certificate(extract).
    I don't know whether to compare this to pulling teeth or getting blood out of stone.
    Which Frederick William, and, especially if you mean the one born in 1856, where was he born, and what details are given for his mother, father and father's occupation?

I've been re-reading the thread and think I've sussed out what
    Yes,I have seen that
    refers to.
    Namely, the other Pamela's post # 8, regarding the marriage of Frederick born 1856 to Charlotte Eunice Stubbs in 1888.

When you're replying to a post, could you click the in the bottom right-hand corner which says 'reply with quote'? That has the effect of quoting the post to which you're replying, as well as your post, and makes it easier for everyone to follow.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator

There is a tree on Ancestry containing all this information.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    I don't know whether to compare this to pulling teeth or getting blood out of stone.
    Which Frederick William, and, especially if you mean the one born in 1856, where was he born, and what details are given for his mother, father and father's occupation?

I've been re-reading the thread and think I've sussed out what refers to.
    Namely, the other Pamela's post # 8, regarding the marriage of Frederick born 1856 to Charlotte Eunice Stubbs in 1888.

When you're replying to a post, could you click the in the bottom right-hand corner which says 'reply with quote'? That has the effect of quoting the post to which you're replying, as well as your post, and makes it easier for everyone to follow.

Pam
    Sorry about that('newbie')think I have as much info as I can gather @ the present time. I have a tree on ancestry as well. Just really trying to 'fine tune it's hard when you live in a different country. Many thanks, Ron

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    Adolphus Marott born 1852 died 27 Nov 1881 at sea (drowned) whilst aboard the “Rival” in the North Sea having departed from Yarmouth – source “Registers Of Wages And Effects Of Deceased Seamen, 1852-1889” – available on FMP. 11s 1d was paid to his father.
    This man was baptised St Margaret’s Barking 25 April 1852 and his father was Adolphus a fisherman, and his mother’s was Sarah Sussannah.

Adolphus Marott aged 75 a fisherman living with his wife Sarah – 1901 Census Barking, Essex – Piece 1653, Folio 132, Page 15, He died in 1904 in Romford. Sarah died in 1908. In the 1881 census Sarah and her daughter Charlotte were living at New Street, Gorleston, Mutford, Suffolk – piece 107, folio 113, page 24
    Thank you.Very interesting info.Something I was not aware of.Cheers.Ron.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12