Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by waynea View Post
    Spent 40 minutes typing birth certificates details in
    It's a good idea, if you've got a long post to make, to write it in your word processor or notes program, and save it. Then you can copy and paste it into the forum, and if the worst happens you can always go back to your document and copy it again

Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    It's a good idea, if you've got a long post to make, to write it in your word processor or notes program, and save it. Then you can copy and paste it into the forum, and if the worst happens you can always go back to your document and copy it again
    Thank you. I have taken your advice and put it into a word document.

Settling in

Meta Lucy Carysforth Birth Certificate
    District Liverpool
    Sub district Mount Pleasant
    When and Where Born 16th May 1895, 36 Copperas Hill
    Name if Any Meta Lucy
    Sex Girl
    Father Henry Carysforth
    Name and Maiden Name of Mother Lucy Carysforth Formerly Jeannot, Deceased
    Fathers Profession Wood Carver
    Sig, Description & residence of Informer H Carysforth 36 Copperas Hill
    Date Registered 17th June 1895
    No Baptism Name entered

Settling in

Rudolph Richard Sydney Carysforth Birth Certificate
    District Aston Birmingham
    Sub District Deritend
    When and Where Born 2nd June 1894, 140 White Road (WSD)
    Name If Any Rudolph Richard Sydney
    Sex Boy
    Father Henry Richard Carysforth
    Name & Maiden surname of Mother Lucy Ernestirie (may be Ernesterie) Formerly Jannot
    Profession of Father Wood Carver
    Signature, Description and Residence of Informant L E Carysforth, Mother, 140 White Road Aston
    When Registered 12th July 1894
    No Baptism name entered

Settling in

I notice that Lucy Carysforth has written her middle name as Ernesterie in Rudolph's birth certificate as she registered it.
    Then in Meta Lucy he puts his private address as Copperas hill as Meta's place of birth and not the workhouse.
    There are differences in spelling between the 2 but i have put it as it appears on the certificates. The Ernesterie name Lucy entered has been slightly overwritten by the Y in Lucy so hard to see if it is Ernesterie or Ernestirie

Famous for offering help & advice

Good to have confirmation of where Lucy's middle name came from.

Unfortunately I can't find 140 White Road in either 1891 or 1901 - it doesn't go that high?? There are things like 14 Court, which might have been written as 14C & maybe look like 140?

Quote Originally Posted by waynea View Post
    I notice that Lucy Carysforth has written her middle name as Ernesterie in Rudolph's birth certificate as she registered it.
    Then in Meta Lucy he puts his private address as Copperas hill as Meta's place of birth and not the workhouse.
    There are differences in spelling between the 2 but i have put it as it appears on the certificates. The Ernesterie name Lucy entered has been slightly overwritten by the Y in Lucy so hard to see if it is Ernesterie or Ernestirie
    It looks as if Lucy gave birth at home to Meta and then was admitted to the hospital attached to the workhouse because of complications of the birth.
    Apart from now knowing that Lucy herself gave her name as Ernesterie we aren't any further ahead with finding out Henry's origins. I did try searching for quite a while yesterday but absolutely nothing for him that we haven't found already.
    It is so frustrating when an ancestor covers their tracks so well. I wonder if the 1921 census will be of any help with his birth place when it is released.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

When and Where Born 16th May 1895, 36 Copperas Hill
    Name if Any Meta Lucy
    Per post #24, Lucy was admitted to the workhouse on 29 May 1895 and died the next day. The address given was 26 Copperas Hill

Settling in

Thank you Both. I have gone through the whole post over the weekend and as Jomot and Christanel have said, Meta Lucy was born at home. Adding weight to christanels advice that family passed down stories sometimes err in the truth. At least the fact that Grandma Meta (cissy) was born at home and her mother Lucy dies 13 days later. Not the next day or so as the family story told. It is a shame that my father passed away a year and a half ago as even this small piece of information would of been a big thing for him.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Lucy was buried in Liverpool Cemetery on 3rd June 1895. Age 28yrs. Roman Catholic Ground. Public Grave 1319.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast