Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Settling in

Default Carysforth Jeannot

I am looking for information on my Great Grand Mother Lucy Ernesterie Jeannot born around 1867. I think it was in Paris France.
    She died in 1895 in Liverpool work house, after giving birth to my grandmother Meta Lucy Carrysforth / Jeannot. I hope the spelling of Jeannot is correct.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Wayne

Settling in

Sorry posted in wrong thread

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums

I have moved your post to the Brickwall forum where it will attract more attention. If necessary it can always be moved again.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Just as a start this is the birth registration for your grandmother on the GRO index which gives the mother's maiden name (mmn)
    Meta Lucy Carysforth June 1/4 1895 registration district Liverpool Vol 8b page 108, MMN Jeannot

And her brother's birth registration
    Carysforth, Rudolph Richard Sydney Sept 1/4 1894 registration district Aston vol 6d page 201 MMN Jannot

Now to see what else is to be found working from this information
    Christina
    William Burroughs

I note that Henry Carysforth born c1865 gives his place of birth in the 1901 census the United States and in 1911 as Chicago United States. I wonder if it is possible that he and Lucy Ernesterie Jeannot could have met in the US or Canada and travelled to the UK together, There is no marriage for them on FreeBMD in England or Wales and Henry remarried to Laura Frances Shatwell in the Sept 1/4 1895 reg dist Liverpool.
    I am just recording this information so others know the background.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Default Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Just as a start this is the birth registration for your grandmother on the GRO index which gives the mother's maiden name (mmn)
    Meta Lucy Carysforth June 1/4 1895 registration district Liverpool Vol 8b page 108, MMN Jeannot

And her brother's birth registration
    Carysforth, Rudolph Richard Sydney Sept 1/4 1894 registration district Aston vol 6d page 201 MMN Jannot

Now to see what else is to be found working from this information
    Christina
    Yes a little information is always good.

Thankyou so much Chrostina

Settling in

There is some skepticism whether Rudolph was also a child of Lucy. If i could find a marriage date for Lucy Jeannot and Henry Carysforth it may clear it up. (maybe france)

We know Henry Carysforth was married quite a few times and seems to have used up all his wifes money then dis homed them. I was told by an old member of the family that Lucy lived in Paris and was " getting old to marry back in that day and age and her father (an antique dealer like Henry Carysforth). Arranged a marriage to Henry with a weighty dowry. This said dowry must have been spent as Lucy was forced to move by herself into the work house in Liverpool and died there giving birth to my Grandma (paritinitis) cause of death.
    Last edited by waynea; 01-09-2021 at 5:49 AM. Reason: missed info

Do you have the marriage certificate for Henry and Laura Frances Shatwell? The information on it could be helpful depending on whether Henry was honest with the information he gave. That is if he said he was a widower or a bachelor, what his father's name and occupation were.
    You can order the certificate from the GRO https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ with the information exactly as it is given on FreeBMD. Henry Carysforth, Laura Frances Shatwell September quarter 1895, registration district Liverpool volume 3b, page 356
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Valued member of Brit-Gen

On previous BG thread from 2010 says surname was Genot, and a German connection.

Thank you for finding the previous thread pat fowles.
    Here is the link https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ighlight=genot
    After reading through it I think the last few posts on the second page are the only ones we need and it looks as if they were made by you waynea under the user name 'erco'?
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast