Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Possibly a coincidence!

78 Eliza Street (Cromac, Antrim)

Dougan Thomas 30 Male Head of Family
    Dougan Bridget 32 Female Wife
    Dawson Mary 40 Female Sister in Law - single
    Dawson Sarah A 30 Female Sister in Law - single
    Dawson Teresa Agnes 11 Female Niece

Thanks Pamela. I am aware of that one. In fact, my enquiries just today have allowed me to progress quite a bit and I am now satisfied that Bridget and Sara(h) were in fact sisters. I believe that Sarah was born in 1878 in County Sligo.

I am still keen though to determine why her address at the time of her marriage was Victoria Barracks??

Regards,

David

Famous for offering help & advice

Do you know Fredericks occupation?Also what was his address at the time of marraige?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Do you know Fredericks occupation?Also what was his address at the time of marraige?
    I cannot determine his occupation at the time of marriage however at various other times he was listed as a 'packer' and his death record said 'joiner'.

Also not able to determine his address immediately before or after marriage.

I know that Frederick's brother was a career soldier but he was basically stationed on Gibraltar and in India for the whole period between 1908 and 1929, minus WW1 where he served in France..

I am just wondering whether he may have been staying at Victoria Barracks for some reason in 1917. Doesn't explain though why his brother's girlfriend would have given it as her address.

Still a bit of a mystery but less important now that I have confidently identified her.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12