Default children born and recorded in army records

i have records of children born in the 1830s (pre GRO) from Army returns of Births and Baptisms - with Volume number and Page - is there anyway of ordering certificates using these details please

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bellfamily View Post
    i have records of children born in the 1830s (pre GRO) from Army returns of Births and Baptisms - with Volume number and Page - is there anyway of ordering certificates using these details please
    I don't think you can obtain certificates pre 1830 because they didn't exist. I think you can only check parish records. What do you mean pre GRO? If you have volume numbers and page then they must appear in the GRO. However I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. (Did certification happen from 1837 onwards?)

1837 for England and Wales, 1855 for Scotland.
    There are military registrations - haven't searched them much, I think the info regarding them is all in TNA.

The army returns give a reference - eg volume number RA22 page 69 line 111 and if you look on GRO it says

information Outside the United Kingdom and registered by the British Forces, Consul or High Commission
    (including Forces or Regimental records in the UK, Ireland or other British Isles between 1761-1924, see Overseas records GRO hold)

so i thought perhaps i could at least find out the parents names

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

From the GRO's own website.
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ages/CG6_1.pdf

Do read section 3 Q&A carefully regarding the information found on Army birth 'registrations'.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thanks for that - i couldnt get that link to work. I have entered all the info i had , i'll wait to see if it is enough to identify the child i have asked about.