Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator

There is a photograph of the monument on Josiah's (senior) and Hester Townsend's grave in the Churchyard of The Church of St Oswald in Compton Abdale. https://historicengland.org.uk/image...IOE01/06947/04

I just did a search for Josiah Dyer Gloucestershire. There is a lot on line regarding the Dyer family.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Aha! That makes sense. Thank you re the Will.

I'll have a look at the photo and look online. The Mills family were quite well documented etc. and its good to know the Dyers were equally so. I really am grateful for the time you've taken with this and you've given me so much for my 'jottings' which will keep me (happily) busy for weeks .......... if not longer!

I apologise for abandoning the search, unfortunately, I was hit with a family problem to help with.

However, I am impressed with Sue's brilliant job finding things and records online, you are both doing some sterling work, well done.
    Alma

Knowledgeable and helpful

Almach: No need to apologise and I hope your family problems are minor and behind you now.

I am always impressed with the time and trouble everyone on this forum takes and the combined expertise available is priceless. Sue has, indeed, done a brilliant job.

The original 'puzzle' of the 1861 census has not been solved but some things never are and with the wealth of new information it has paled into insignificance ..............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123