Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Smile 81st RAF Halton apprentice

Hello I’m trying to find out as much info as I can on my dads time as a Halton apprentice. His name is Ian Henderson cairms and joined the 81st RAF Halton apprentice

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums
    I have moved your post to a thread of its own in the Military - Royal Air Force forum where it will get more attention. It has the title 81st RAF Halton apprentice but if you would like something else it can be changed.
    If your Dad served in WW11 then you can apply for his record from the MoD. This link explains everything.
    To apply you do not need his rank or service number but you will need to supply a copy of his death certificate and his birth date plus pay 30 pounds and wait very very patiently to receive the records.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome, Gothic.
    Have you discovered the RAF Halton Apprentice Association? Their site is HERE.

Other than that, if your Father is still alive, he can apply for a copy of his records (you can help but he must sign). If not, you can - see HERE. However, if your interest is only in his Halton years, judging by my own (Cranwell Boy) Father's records, there's not much detail, just that he was there.
    Note that there's quite a delay on records, and if you apply you'll need a copy of his death certificate and 30 pounds.

Our members can be very helpful, but we are not allowed to post details about the living on the open forum, but we do have a messaging system that can be used in that case. Obviously we'd need the usual info - name, trade, number, dates, etc.