Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Can you provide details of the census?
    Sorry it took a while to find a gain.

https://postimg.cc/PCdgPQkp

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by V6FAZ! View Post
    Sorry it took a while to find a gain.

https://postimg.cc/PCdgPQkp
    What you have is not the census but the 1939 Register, which is similar but not the same. It was taken to give the Govt information about the number of people immediately before WW2 got started. Uniquely it was updated and maintained thereafter until the 1960s (?), as it formed the basis for the NHS. So you will often see ladies with their surname crossed out and their married name put in, and if you are really lucky you might even get the date they married.

I haven't seen a similar example to yours before but wonder whether she appears twice in the register and they are deleting one entry. Why not try searching that registration district for someone called Violet?

Famous for offering help & advice

I found the second entry on 1939 register.

The difference is that on the first entry you can see that she’s with a Thomas W Morris at 62 Byne Rd and they state Married.There are also lots of other open entries on that page.

Second entry is Same address but Thomas is a closed entry as are most other entries on that page.

Search using her name and DOB 24Jan 1906.

Sorry I can’t post an image as I’m absolutely useless at uploading to Brit Gen.

There’s a marraige for a
    Thomas W Morris
    Violet Boulter
    JFM 1936
    Lewisham
    Vol 1D
    Page 1229

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    I found the second entry on 1939 register.

The difference is that on the first entry you can see that she’s with a Thomas W Morris at 62 Byne Rd and they state Married.There are also lots of other open entries on that page.

Second entry is Same address but Thomas is a closed entry as are most other entries on that page.

Search using her name and DOB 24Jan 1906.

Sorry I can’t post an image as I’m absolutely useless at uploading to Brit Gen.

There’s a marraige for a
    Thomas W Morris
    Violet Boulter
    JFM 1936
    Lewisham
    Vol 1D
    Page 1229
    I'm sure that's not the Violet I'm looking as Violets maiden name is Morris. ��

Famous for offering help & advice

I was just giving info from the image of 1939 register regards why there were 2 entries on different pages.

The marraige reg is possibly the info for the Violet Morris from the image of the 1939 register.If you're sure it’s not her then at least you can eliminate that particular Violet.

Pam.

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    I was just giving info from the image of 1939 register regards why there were 2 entries on different pages.

The marraige reg is possibly the info for the Violet Morris from the image of the 1939 register.If you're sure it’s not her then at least you can eliminate that particular Violet.

Pam.
    Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Apparently Violet married twice according to one of our eldest family members but I've not got a clue on that yet. I need to work out Violets history regarding the address and workhouse info.

I'm going to pay a researcher at the Kent history and library centre as they've come back to me with a really good structure on what amd where to research the records they hold for that area. The help on this forum from all the members has been outstanding and very much appreciated. So pleased I found this forum.

Starting to feel at home

Hi everyone, I had to put this on the back burner for a while but I'm back at it again. I'm still searching for information on Violet.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567