Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    East Yorkshire

    Question Grandad's Service Record from Korean War

    My Grandad was a British soldier in the Korean War - we know he was there because we have old photographs of him whilst he was there - but we have no idea which regiment/unit he was in because he never said much about it.

    As he died last year, our interest in what he got up to whilst in service grew. So we thought to apply for his service records from the government - but we need to know which regiment/unit he was in as well as his service number in order to get them.

    Can you help?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004


    Hello JayBird,

    Welcome to British-Genealogy (even though you are an impostor. 'Jaybird' is officially the one and only Jay McGuiness, and he comes from Newark, not East Yorkshire. ).

    You don't need those details to send for the records. You do need a birthdate, a copy of his death certificate, thirty quid, and patience for at least eighteen months.
    All the details are in this link.

    (a Jay McGuiness fan, in case you hadn't guessed. )
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Select a file: