Default The Beauchamp family

Good afternoon

I have been researching my family tree for years, The name i am researching is Beauchamp, this is the first time i have been on this site and i am not sure how to use it

Thank you

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Carol,

Well, you've learnt how to post which is the first thing you have to know how to do.

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I've amended the title of your post to the family name, rather than what I suspect is your own. (You probably don't need help in researching yourself. ) But I can amend it again, if you want.

To clarify, we don't have any records on BG (so no good expecting to find the baptism of great-aunt Ada) but we do have lots of people who will do their best to help with queries.

To start with, I would suggest you read Lesley's two helpful posts in
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...us-to-help-you
    Followed by https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...NS-PLEASE-READ

When you see the home page do you see just lots of red banners, or do you see red banners, with other forums underneath? If the former, then click the little 'down' arrow on the right-hand side and it will expand the forums in that section.

If you're not sure where to post a query then you can always post in 'general family history queries' (in the family history threads/posts' banner). If your query relates to a particular county or country it's usually best to post in the relevant forum.

Have fun.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. It's always a good idea to read a thread or two, just to see how they work.

Essentially the forum works a bit like a club pin board - you pick a suitable area (our sub forums) and post your query. Keep it fairly simple (not the entire family in one post) and give your fellow members any information you know about the people in question so that we know exactly what you are looking for.
    As you are very new, a thread I wrote some time back (click HERE may help (or at least amuse) you.

We don't have a lot of rules, mostly obvious ones such as "be polite". One special rule that we have is "no details about (possibly) living people on the public forum" - it's better for people's privacy. Another one is not to post the same search in more than one place - it confuses people who are trying to help.

Don't worry if you think you have made a mistake - click on any of the moderators (the label is shown under the photo top left) and leave a message and we can help.

Above all enjoy yourself.

PS Pam types faster than me!)