Default Finding out which company in WWI ASC

I’m wondering if anyone can help.

I know Alfred Ernest Laws T4/219161 served in horse transport in the ASC in WWI. I have found the following records relating to his service in WWI: medal roll index card, register of soldiers effects and pension ledger but I don’t know how (or if it’s possible) to find out where he served.

I have looked on the National Archives at war diaries for horse transport but I don’t know which company he was in. Is it possible to find out which company he was with and where he served?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately 60% plus of WW1 service records were destroyed in WW11 by bombing/fire/water and it looks as if the ones you need did not survive.
    This is Alfred's entry in UK, World War I Service Medal and Award Rolls, 1914-1920
    Name: Alfred Ernest Laws
    Military Year: 1914-1920
    Company: WO 329 (refers to THE National Archives research index)
    Regiment or Corps - Royal Army Service Corps
    Regiment Number T4/219161
    Medal Awarded - British War Medal and Victory Medal

On the above record his service number is prefixed with T4 which The Long Long Trail site says
    "Horsed Transport. Often accompanied with a number, denoting recruitment into the appropriately numbered Kitchener (New) Army" See here

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

There are several pension ledger records relating to him (I see 6, but there may be more). Have you downloaded all of these from Fold3 to see if there is any further information?

He was discharged as insane and died the following year, presumably in the asylum. Its a long-shot, but his asylum records may also have more information.

Thank you Christina, I didn’t know he was a packer and loader so that’s a new bit of info! It’s my luck that the records I need would be destroyed haha. Thanks so much for looking

Thanks for replying Jomot1. I think I only have 2 pension records for him so I’ll definitely have a check for the rest.
    I have his death certificate and he died at home where he lived with his parents. I’m assuming he would have spent at least some time in some kind of asylum or military hospital, that’s my next port of call to see if I can track down any medical records. Thanks so much