Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

It's was a 1920 electoral register. So 6 years before Albert Joseph died

Starting to feel at home

That's the only Edith A Bullock I found in the 1939 reg

Edith A Bullock, born 3 September 1900, living in Ledbury.

Bullock surname crossed through, and Price written above.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 10-07-2021 at 5:29 PM. Reason: LInk to commecial site deleted as per our T&Cs, and details typed.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

You weren't told to look for Edith A Bullock in 1939.
    You were told to look for Edith ALICE Bullock.

However, the Edith A you've found is 'your' Edith, and yes, she did marry William Price in 1944. Her date of birth in the 1939 Register (3 September 1900) matches that in the death registration of Edith Alice Price in March quarter 1977.

I believe Edith was actually registered as Alice Edith Hutt when she was born. Wandsworth registration district, December quarter 1900. Parents Harry and Kate.
    1901 census living in Wandsworth. RG13/482 folio 82 page 44
    1911 census, living in Gloucester. RG14/15292 SN27. Edith aged 10, born Wandsworth.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

I did search for "Edith ALICE Bullock" and the Edith A Bullock is what come up!

Starting to feel at home

Is this just a coincidence that you typically ignore?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyH View Post
    I did search for "Edith ALICE Bullock" and the Edith A Bullock is what come up!
    If you search the 1939 Register for Edith Alice Bullock, living in Gloucester, no other details whatsoever you should not get Edith A Bullock. You should get Edith Alice Bullock, first result.

Pam

Is this just a coincidence that you typically ignore?
    Do you mean the coincidence of the first names and the dates of birth being the same?

The answer isn't necessarily a definite yes or no. It depends on various factors. How certain am I that what I think is the correct death registration is actually the correct one? In this case I'm 99.9999999999% certain that Edith Alice Price is the correct person. Her name on the 1939 Register has been amended from Bullock to Price; date of birth on the death registration agrees with that on the 1939 Register; registration district of Gloucester ties in with previous known address(es) for her.

Can I ask that you be very careful in future about uploading images. I think you're in breach of copyright. The ruling is that you may post a part of an image - enough to help with a query. See this for example
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ate?highlight=

Posting whole images is not really allowed, and you may find them removed by Admin.

Most of the forum members have access to either Ancestry and/or FMP, so if you (ideally) give the title of the dataset or at least which site you found the information on we can usually find the image(s) and look at it/them ourselves.

Pam

Starting to feel at home

Got you, hadn't realised there was copy write infringement on this stuff as it's so readily available. But will make sure I don't post images in the future. If an ADMIN can remove them all to be safe that would be great

Starting to feel at home

I noticed on one of the replys it mentioned that's is recommended to obtain all the B, D, and M Certs for direct line, and that you use them to compare professions (amongst other thing).
    Ive done alot of due diligence on each step I make with my family tree, but must admit not focused much on the matching professions. It's this a data set that is highly recommended to study to help match up as well?

Starting to feel at home

Should read, is the profession a useful tool I should start using to help match up ancesters

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast