Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default KIA 134th Battery

I am trying to find the descendants of any of the 5 following men killed in action Oct. 1918.
    They were members of Royal Artillery,134th Battery, 32nd Bde., 4th Division. They are Arthur Ernest Morgan, George Marr, John Riley, William Saich and W Stones

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello, and welcome to British-Genealogy.

Unfortunately we need more than basic names in order to help you, though be aware that our T&Cs do not allow the names of living people to be posted so that inforation would have to be sent to you via private message.

I thought William Saich might be a very unusual name, but in fact there's about a dozen possibilities, though admittedly most of them have a second name, rather than being plain William.

What other details do you have for these men regarding their families?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Is this your man? From the CWGC site
    Arthur Ernest Morgan Service Number: 68256
    Royal Field Artillery
    134th Bty. 32nd Bde.
    Died 10 October 1918 Age 24 years old
    NAVES COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION I. B. 14. France
    Son of Robert and Lydia Morgan, of 24, Ulverscroft Rd., East Dulwich, London.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

With most of them, I think that you're more likely to find nephews & nieces rather than descendants for most.. Since none of these names are rare, I thought it might help to identify them a little more. While searching CWGC.org, I found that there were 2 more men in this battery.

68256 Driver Arthur Ernest Morgan aged 24 NOK parents, born Dulwich
    13392 Driver George Marr born Aberdeen effects left to wid Isabella
    105202 Driver John Riley aged 20 NOK father, born Liverpool
    207385 Driver William James Saich aged 19, NOK Mrs AM Saich born Cheshunt
    136724 Driver William Stones aged 29, NOK wife Mary Stones, born Darwen, Lancs
    602096 Driver J McClure NOK wife A Stevenson McClure, Ayr
    101653 Gunner William Henry Forrester aged 23, NOK Mrs A Forrester born Henley, Staffs
    NOK - next of kin

It looks as though you have a country-wide search ahead!

George Marr's wife's address given as J. Marr, of 472, North Ogden St., Buffalo, U.S.A.

Christina
    William Burroughs

Arthur Ernest Morgan came from a large family
    1901 census RG13 Piece 499 Folio 97 Page 42

Robert Thos Morgan 40 builder's labourer born South Wales
    Lydia Morgan 39 wife born Essex
    Robert Geo Morgan 14 greengrocer's boy
    Herbert Morgan 8
    Arthur Ernest Morgan 6
    Lilian Rose Morgan 3
    Beatrice May Morgan 9 months
    All children born Camberwell London

In 1911 they are all living at 24 Ulverscroft Road, East Dulwich and Arthur is a greengrocer's boy. Robert and Lydia married in 1883, mother died 20 Feb 1951.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Lilian Rose Morgan born 4 February 1898, sister of Ernest Arthur, married Ernest George Bunn in 1903 and they had 4children. Two boys died as infants, one is listed as private and the eldest Arthur born 1920 died in 2006.
    I think I have worked out who the last son is. He has a birth registration in the Camberwell district the same as his siblings, March 1/4 1933 vol 1d page 805.
    In the Electoral register for Dulwich and Peckham 1954 he is with his brother Ernest and mother Lillian Bunn nee Morgan at 18 Fellbrigg Road although the ranscription says Barry Rd.
    He married in 1955 March 1/4 Lewisham registration district vol 5d page 40. Wife's first name Ann.
    You can look up this information on FreeBMD.
    On FreeBMD you will also see the birth of a daughter Bunn in the Dec 1/4 1956 Camberwell reg dist Vol 5c page 573.
    So this girl is the great granddaughter of Ernest Arthur Morgan. I can't find a marriage for her so it could be a case of looking on social media.
    I did do a search on 192.com and found a person with this name but I did not pay to view the rest of the information so what year it relates to I do not know. It could be someone else of the same name and middle initial although her first name is the same spelling as her birth reg and is different to the 'usual' spelling of this name.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

There are three Beatrice May Morgans born in 1900. One in June 1/4 Pontypool Wales reg dist, another in the Bedwelty reg dist Sept 1/4 and the one that is 'ours' in the Sept 1/4 Camberwell.
    Beatrice May Morgan born in the Bedwelty dist died in the Dec 1/4 1900 leaving us with the one born in Pontypool reg district. This one has the father George Morgan when she married aged 18 to Albert James Merchant in 1918 in Trevethin, Monmouthshire. Her death was 1969.
    As Arthur Ernest's father Robert Thos Morgan was born in Wales and George Morgan's children share some of the same names as Robert's children I am thinking there could be a family connection but following it through would be a last resort

This looks like the marriage of 'our' Beatrice
    Beatrice M Morgan Registration Sept 1/4 1924 Registration district Camberwell, County London
    Spouse - Edward R Jackson Vol 1d Page 1900.
    In the 1939 register Edward and Beatrice Jackson ae living at Hindsmans Road Camberwell and there are no children or anyone else listed at that address. There are too many births with children surname Jackson, mother's maiden name Morgan to be sure if any of them belong to this couple.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

In the 1911 census there is another sister, C J Morgan, to Arthur Ernest. She is age 8 and this looks like her birth reg on the GRO index
    Catherine Jane Morgan
    GRO Reference: 1902 Sept Quarter in CAMBERWELL Vol 1d Page 877
    Mother's maiden name Burton.
    In the 1939 register she is with her mother, and is age 39 and single.
    Death on FreeBMD in 1974 so no descendants from this sister.

It looks as if the descendants of Lilian Rose Morgan born 4 February 1898, sister of Ernest Arthur who married Ernest George Bunn are the best bet,
    Christina
    William Burroughs