Default Actress from Coventry

Does anyone have any information on the Coventry actress Combine Godridge. There was always a bit of controversy over my grandad knowing her.

Constance Godridge born June 15 1909 Coventry, Warwickshire as Constance Elizabeth Godridge. An actress, known for First a Girl (1935), Murder by Rope (1936) and Boys Will Be Girls (1937). Died 22 July 1970 Brent, Middlesex
    Looks like she had 3 husbands, Leonard J Andrews married 1936, Redmond Randolph Cafferata married 1939 and Jack Davis Setty 1946. The last one is a funny entry on FreeBMD

Marriages June 1/4 1946
    Cafferata Costance E to Davis D
    Cafferata Costance E to Setty Setty
    Davis Jack to Cafferata
    Setty David to Cafferata

All with the same vol and page number. Westminster 1a/1277 and on the original typed record it is Costance not Constance
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Firstly, are you sure her name was Combine, and not Columbine?

Secondly, is that her stage name, or real name?

Thirdly, what sort of time period are we talking about? One of my grandfathers was born in 1867, the other in 1900. Your grandfather could have been born in 1950.

Don't worry, I've answered my own questions. I was going to say that a google search for Combine Godridge didn't produce any results. however I did a bit of creative searching by using 'Godridge actress' and found several references to Constance Godridge, revealing that she was born in Coventry in 1909. https://www.
    imdb.com/name/nm0324198/

There's at least 231 references to her in the British Newspaper Archives, though some probably just refer to her appearing in a film being shown at the local cinema.

Pam
    who types a lot slower than Christina.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

In the 1939 Register where Constance is with hubby number 2, there's a redacted entry, and on the line underneath there's an Ethel Davies who's a children's nurse. I think the redacted entry refers to a birth registration in September quarter 1938, Marylebone registration district. Surname Andrews, mother's maiden name Godridge.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

There is a marriage in Virginia of a Madeleine Nelligar maiden name Cafferata born England father Robert Inscoe Cafferata and mother Consatance Godridge. Madeleine is divorced and is marrying Wade Douglas Inscoe in Virginia Beach.

Constance Elizabeth' death reg is as Catherine Elizabeth Cafferata not Selby or Davis. Her probate record is the same and she left 3217 pounds
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs