Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A fountain of knowledge

PS I just googled "RAF training exercise crash montrose scotland 1941" and there are several sites to look at.
    Quick glance there is an article from 24th August 2019 from a local Aberdeen newspaper "A museum is seeking help from north-east residents in a bid to piece together the history of a downed Nazi plane on north-east soil.

The RAF Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre has recently been donated a radio controlled model of a German Ju88 bomber from the Second World War."

I haven't read the article but on using google, again a quick glance seemingly indicates the Museum is
    on the site of the Montrose air field. Seems as though that would be a very good place to investigate. Jill

Loves to help with queries

Pam and Gill,

Thanks very much for your efforts. These are sites that I can explore.
    Just for your information I came across his grave in a local churchyard which was unkempt and neglected.
    I thought that he deserved to be remembered and so I started to research his life.

Thanks again
    Mike

Yesterday, I looked him up on CWGC to get his service number, and noticed on the burial information card that the family had taken responsibility for the care of the grave. It is the only CWGC grave in that cemetery. It is possible (but I am only guessing) that if they had wanted CWGC staff to care for the grave, he would have been buried with others.
    It might be worth notifying them that you found it in an unkempt condition, especially if the near family has died out. Then, if for any reason you can't care for it, it's on their books.

A fountain of knowledge

Thanks Mike Do keep us informed of progress you make as I'd be interested to learn how you get on!
    Yes it is sad when graves are found unkempt but families die out (obviously!). I find it sad when one sees
    old family photo albums for sale in charity/junk shops etc. Jill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12