Default Coventry Workhouse.

Hi everyone. I'm looking for any records of my nan and her brother in a Coventry workhouse. It would have been at the end of 1914. Mother's name Eliza( Liza) Gray. Children Amy Elizabeth Gray born 3/4/1911 and her brother William 1913/4. I'd like to find the list of their time on the workhouse. According to my mum ( now deseased) the kids were taken out not long after but I'd like to know how long and where. Thenkyou. Regards Jools

Brick wall demolition expert!

The best starting point is Peter Highinbotham's site:

https://www.workhouses.org.uk/Coventry/

Super Moderator

Looks like Amy Elizabeth married George E Adams in Coventry reg. district in 1936. 1939 Register: 36 Somerset Rd, Coventry. Amy born 3rd April 1911, along with George, a daughter and one other child.

Growing old Disgracefully

Have you contacted the Records Office for the Area they lived in they have records. I had a question for family in Warkshire a death from drowning in the river at Lemington Spar. I live to far to travel so I rang them up said I lived to far If they hadent got the records, told her every thing I had she rang me back yes they had the records. Next day I took the bus then the Train got all the infomation and lots moore infomation all the children where put in the workhouse.

Sorry just see you where in Australia

Don't be sorry. You weren't to know. I wish I was over there to see my son and grandkids

Quote Originally Posted by Jools22 View Post
    Don't be sorry. You weren't to know. I wish I was over there to see my son and grandkids
    I know and I've found a Cousin in Aus that no one knew about talk to her all the time on Facebook.

Where in Australia is she

Just asked her they are having a drive around WA but live in Bunbury. Perth