Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post

Though can I just point out that it refers to 1902, which is some years away from the 'possibly 1850s - 1860s' originally suggested by the OP.
    I thought that too, but she's the nearest I could find.
    Wonder where the info about there being a phrenologist at that address came from?

Perhaps the OP would like to clarify the question, it might help the search if helpers knew where the info came from...

Phrenology was quite a respectable, if not fashionable occupation during much of the 19th century and practitioners often gave talks and boasted about clients in their advertisements. University of Leicester has a good collection of trade directories which could help.

Googling "annie oppenheim" +phrenology brings a number of results. She seems to have been well-known and wrote books on the subject.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    I thought that too, but she's the nearest I could find.
    Wonder where the info about there being a phrenologist at that address came from?
    Wasn't doubting that you've found the person DebbieLou is looking for, more querying the dates DebbieLou gave us. Forty years is considerably 'out' - imagine the totally wrong answers we'd have found if she'd given 1850-2860 as a birth or marriage date when it actually happened in 1902!

I asked in post #4 where the address info had come from, but we're still waiting for DebbieLou to come back with that information.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Huge thanks to all for the rapid research and comments. A distant relative has a phrenology report handwritten on paper printed with the address, and signed. I gave the dates based on who I believed the sitter was - This person died in 1890.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieLou View Post
    A distant relative has a phrenology report handwritten on paper printed with the address, and signed.
    Is the signature legible? Was it Annie Oppenheim?

Starting to feel at home

Hi Squaredancer - thank you very much for your discovery!! The signature is hard to read and the scan isn't very clear but....it could be Oppenheim!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12