Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I've just googled 'cemetery Woodbridge Essex' and got this result.
    https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/births-...-in-redbridge/

Forest Park cemetery and Crematorium is in Forest Road, Hainault, Essex.

Roding Lane cemetery looks to be the nearest to Claybury; then Barkingside Garden of Rest and Barkingside cemetery; Chigwell cemetery. Ilford cemetery looks to be about the same distance away as the City of London cemetery and crematorium.

As you have a date of death it might be worth sending a nice email, explaining that you live in the States, and asking if it would be possible for a search to be made in the records to see if William is buried in any of the cemeteries maintained by the company that run Forest Park. Sometimes they make a charge but the date of death means they have to search only a narrow range of dates.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    I thought Frank might be living near to Claybury when William died, but as the probate says 'Ipswich' it's not that near. So it's probable that William would have been buried in a cemetery local to Claybury.

Pam
    Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    I found the same as you Pam for the 1901 census but the probate I found in 1967 (same year as death) gives an address as 7 Buttercross La, Epping. Essex. FReeBMD gives his age as 77 so a birth c1890. Epping reg dist includes Harlow.
    Christina
    Me bad. I never bothered to look at the actual probate calendar entry and of course Ipswich is where the probate was granted, not where Frank lived.

So William could have been buried in a cemetery near to where Frank lived. Or cremated, as we have to remember that crematoriums were becoming more common in the 1960s.

Kat -
    if you haven't already seen it,you might find this Wikipedia article interesting.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claybury_Hospital

Pam

Don't keep us in suspenders.
    According to your latest post, you've found where William is buried, and as that was presumably found with our help, it would be nice for you to finish the story, and tell us where. And just how easy/difficult it was to find the information.

Pam

This thread is now closed to prevent duplication of effort, If you can add anything, see HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12