Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I'm coming back to this SO late, but thank you all so much for all your help!! The search continues (took a bit of a break over a busy summer, but back at it).

Can I ask: how did you find this marriage information?

Marriage St Peters Clifton Wood, March 26th 1899
    James Dursley, 26, labourer, 48 Brandon Buildings, father Charles Dursley, deceased
    Lilly Gertrude Mosham or Moxham (unclear) Morse, 22, 12, Jacobs Wells Buildings, father George Morse, deceased.
    Lilly's signature certainly looks like MOXHAM.
    Witnesses Florence and Arthur Russell.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

HAH 1 year and a summer I mean... The past couple years have completely and utterly altered my sense of time apparently 😅

Quote Originally Posted by wrighto View Post
    I'm coming back to this SO late, but thank you all so much for all your help!! The search continues (took a bit of a break over a busy summer, but back at it).

Can I ask: how did you find this marriage information?
    Bristol, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1937

The marriage doesn't seem to show up on a search; if you search for Claude Vaughan 1899, James Dursley's marriage is on the same page above.
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Bristol, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1937

The marriage doesn't seem to show up on a search; if you search for Claude Vaughan 1899, James Dursley's marriage is on the same page above.
    Names indexed as James Duroley and Lilly Gertrude Mosham Morde.
    In fairness, the vicar's writing is dreadful.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Incredible! I don't think I'd have ever managed to find this on my own. Thank you both!

We've found more records of the crossing to Canada with Grace on all the lists, but still no luck finding any record of her birth. Been trying to figure out whose child she could have been if not theirs. Why did my ancester have to be the "mysterious" one

It looks like it was illegal from 1874 onwards to not register a child's birth, but I wonder if they'd left the country by the time she was 3, they could have avoided it?

Super Moderator

Just to let you all know that FreeBMD is far from complete. I volunteer with data entry and know there is still a long way to go before all the BMD entries are available. So if there is anything missing it could be because it has not been transcribed, entered and downloaded yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123