Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Smile Seeking grave East Moseley Cemetery

Hello. I'm hoping to connect with someone who is planning to visit the East Moseley Cemetery in Surrey. I am researching Diego Bernacchi and his family. Diego's wife Barbe died 15 April 1914 in Surrey, England, and was buried in the East Moseley Cemetery, Surrey, England. Name on grave: Barbara Bernacchi.

I would dearly love to know what, if anything, is inscribed on the headstone, and to have a picture of the grave and headstone to see how grand or modest it is.

So if you, or someone you know, is planning an excursion to the cemetery, please get in touch.

Thank you,
    Kathy

ps. I have just discovered a reference that states the Moseley Cemetery is in 'West Molesey, Elmbridge Borough, Surrey, England.' I'm sorry if I've confused anyone, but I don't know the area.
    Last edited by KathyGatenby; 18-06-2021 at 6:04 AM. Reason: new information

Knowledgeable and helpful

Welcome to British Genealogy.
    I have just been idly browsing the Bernacchi name and came across this birth.
    Theresa Amalia Elena Bernacchi, April-June 1883 Chorlton (Manchester) Mother's maiden name Straetmans. ( Source- GRO Index)
    On 3 Dec 1910, as Helena Theresa Amelia, she married Herbert Kidson in East Mosely, Surrey. Her father is named as Angelo Giulo Diego Bernacchi. (Source -Family Search)
    Children. George Herbert. Born 1911. Helena Jean born 1913 (Source Free BMD)
    You may already have this but I thought the variation in the names might be helpful

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There is a photo online at https://www.
    gravestonephotos.com/public/gravedetails.php?grave=24843
    You can get a higher resolution copy by clicking the 'request' button.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

The death of Helena Theresa A Kidson (b 18 Apr 1883) was registered in Cambridge during the period July - Sept 1970 (Source - Free BMD)

From "Find a Will".
    KIDSON.Helena Theresa Amelia, otherwise Helena otherwise Lena, of 21 Gough Way, Cambridge, died 6 July 1970. Probate London 20 October. £35,512.

First, a very warm welcome to Brit-gen. I wondered if you'd seen -

Surrey Advertiser, 18 Apr 1914
    DEATHS
    BERNACCHI - On April 15th at Aspel, East Molesey, Barbara Bernacchi, wife of A G D Bernacchi, J.P., Tasmania, aged 55 years

FMP Passenger Lists
    Ship - Port Hardy; Departure Date - 13 July 1917; Destination Port - Adelaide; No. of Passengers - 6
    Bernacchi, A G D; 1st Class; occp'n - Viticulturist; age - 64; Intended Country of Residence - Tasmania
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

London Gazette https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices

Search under Bernacchi only - returns 63 hits which are worth browsing thru'.

Currently checking out Diego's eldest son and the "artificial horizon"!
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

I've just had a look at some of Diego's on-line biographies - quite some character!

Two threads were both developing into research threads on the same theme, something we do not allow as it gets frustrat8ing when someone spends time working on one thread and then finds that someone else has provided the same information on the other.
    I have therefore merged the threads.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, and thanks for sharing that information. I do have it, and it is directly relevant to the family I am researching. Angelo Guilo Diego Bernacchi was known as Diego, and his daughter Helena was known as Lena. I appreciate your reply.Kind regards, Kathy

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

oh, indeed he was!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast