Loves to help with queries

Default London postage stamp dealer

Hello : this is a difficult one. I'm looking for the name of a postage stamp dealer who had a shop c. 1962 in a narrow alley behind Old Broad Street, City of London. The whole area is now totally different to what it was in those days when I was an office boy at a lawyer's office at 42 Old Broad Street. The name of the alley was either Little Winchester Street or Austin Friars, but I've been unable to find the equivalent of a Yellow Pages or any other tool to find the correct address for the shop and the name of the dealer. Any help would be much appreciated.

To amend my own posting, I think Little Winchester Street can be removed from the equation, and 'Austin Friars' should actually be Austin Friars Passage. My apologies.

A final amendment. . . I managed to locate the dealer, but found him (in a 1961 'phone book) to have been at 10 Union Court, London EC2. This is very close to where I believed him to have been -- viz. Austin Friars Passage -- and where I remember his shop to be. Either my memory is at fault or he moved at some point from one location to another. Faulty memory seems a likely scenario I fear. . .